Rediculous update to PM5

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Will785, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Will785

Will785 Creeper

Why are the developers keen on changing API? When a new Minecraft edition is updated, Pocketmine ealways want to change their API first and forced other users to rewrite their plugin. Every changes caused a huge time, each plugin need to do a lot of change and test again, this is the reason why the PMMP gradually languished.
    Yes You might say that in order to adapt to the new content of the version, you have to update new blocks and new creatures then change the whole core. I just want PMMP developers to recognize PM's own position,You are not BDS and can't achive so many original features like BDS, Nukkit have a correct understanding of themselves and establish a good ecosystem.
    Open your eyes and Don't wait until all users are lost to realize the seriousness of the matter。

Kağan likes this.
  2. Kağan

Kağan Creeper

GitHub:
    kaganjaeger
    So what is your advice to beginners?

3. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

It is not what they want, they deemed it necessary. I do not know the reasoning behind it, but I'm certain if it was good enough for dktapps then it's beyond your understanding.

IvanCraft623 likes this.
  4. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    HA bold of you to think we want to be BDS or Nukkit. PM is basically for lifeboat and private minigame servers. We don't want bloat like vanilla features