1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Recalculating lights?

Discussion in 'Help' started by HimbeersaftLP, Jun 3, 2017.

1. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    As some people may already have noticed, PocketMine for MCPE 1.1 has these strange lighting issues:

[​IMG]

that can be fixed per chunk by placing a torch there and breaking it again.

Is there any way to do this automatically on chunk load, so I don't have to place a torch in every chunk and then break it again?

- HimbeersaftLP

Sandertv likes this.
  2. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Enable `chunk-ticking.light-updates` in your pocketmine.yml, and then remove the `isLightPopulated` check from https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-...160893fc/src/pocketmine/level/Level.php#L2544.

The explanation for this issue is because PocketMine did not have sky light implemented previously to MCPE 1.1. Due to lighting problems I implemented it along with a basic chunk light population for generation, so newly generated worlds won't be affected by this issue. However, I haven't figured out an effective way to handle the problem of older worlds yet.

TL;DR: blame shoghi.

3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Thanks, will try

4. cjmk75

cjmk75 Spider

GitHub:
    cjmk75
    After we remove the 'IsLightPopulated' how do we re-compress into a phar? I only know how to do this with Dev Tools but I don't think it will work in this case.

5. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    It should work just fine with DevTools, make sure you cloned the repository with the --recursive option. Once you've done so, simply put the src folder in the server folder, run it from source (no phar file) and type makeserver in console.

6. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Would it be possible to make a plugin that recalculates a chunk when it's loaded, and then saves which chunk that was, so every chunk only has to be recalculated once?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.