1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

PurePerms Issue (setting OP commands for Non op)

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by ALLINSEO, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I used to be able to use - '*' to allow for ALL PERMISSIONS but now it does not seem to work for things like /op and so forth. I tried setting the user permissions to - pocketmine.command and even - pocketmine.command.op none of them worked?

Note: this is the newest build with per-world support, if you are trying to reproduce on an older build you will still have access to - '*' for all permissions / commands

update: have tried - pocketmine.command.op.give still get "you do not have permission"

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    It's pocketmine.command.give, not pocketmine.command.op.give

3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    AFAIK pureperm somehow likes to block /op

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Yep, it's a setting in the config.yml, @ALLINSEO should probably check that too

5. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I will check that. I am trying to make a builder teleport here is my code:

update: oh you meant the disable op config, no I had to set that to false to make op commands work AT ALL

Code:
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand setgperm Builder pocketmine.command.op
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand setgperm Builder mw.cmd.tp
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand ppreload
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand rca {player} op {player}
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand rca {player} mw tp Builders_Tele
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand rca {player} gamemode 1
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand rca {player} deop {player}
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand unsetgperm Builder pocketmine.command.op
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand unsetgperm Builder mw.cmd.tp

6. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Give the player the permission "pocketmine.command" if you don't want to give him/her OP, if that's what you want to do.

PocketMine permissions:

"pocketmine.command" -> permission for all pocketmine commands

"pocketmine.command.op" -> permission for the command "/op" only

"pocketmine.command.gamemode" -> permission for the command "/gamemode"

and so on...

7. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    And for that what you want to do with slapper:

Just do:

Code:
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand mw tp {player} Builders_Tele
    /slapper edit [id] addcommand gamemode 1 {player}
    Edit: Forget what I said above, you'll only want the command to work with players in the group Builders right? I suggest the plugin Functions for that: https://github.com/BoxOfDevs/Functions

8. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

So I figured I would do some debugging, maybe it was my implementation of slapper, I decided to find out and just set some permissions for the world I was in. I still got error you cannot use that command, for both the ManyWorlds plugin permission and Op Permissions I set for that specific world.

PurePerms.Yml
    Code:
    Builder:
      alias: Build
      isDefault: false
      inheritance: []
      permissions: []
      worlds:
        Home:
          permissions:
          - '*'
          - mw.cmd.tp
          - pocketmine.command.op
        Builders_Tele:
          permissions: []

9. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    The file is named groups.yml, maybe that's the problem. Or did you just say that on accident?

10. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

accident im running on low sleep forgot what it was called lol

11. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Does the '*' permission actually work with your build of PurePerms when you don't use multiworld? If so, you should post the code for the exact build you are using so that others aren't guessing in the dark.

That said, you shouldn't really be using '*' as a permission anyway...

12. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I know it was for testing purpose.
    after extensive debugging I found out why the permissions do not work, when using isDefault config, it will OVERWRITE any permissions you have in any other groups and make them that default's permission.

yes the -'*' all permission works I just tested it. it only works on worlds that have set isdefualt:true to, which allows ALL users to use ALL commands.

I also tried setting isdefualt to false in every instance, the script did not like this and automatically choose a default for the main commands and automatically picked a default for all my worlds.

in conclusion: id say the script is great if you want to set up specific permissions per-world for ALL PLAYERS but if you only want to set per-world permissions for a certain group then this will not work, either everyone gets permissions or noone does (this is also true for main permissions), or you have to physically go into console and do /op

PurePerms Newest Update

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  13. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

just saw your edit that's a nice plugin but it wont work with Pure Perms Groups, not my version anyway.
    see whatever is set to Isdefault is overwritten Check the code and explanation here Config-errors.zip - 1 KB
    I will have to wait till @jasonwynn10 fixes it to use on groups, and right now hes busying with MyPlots and adding Farming to PocketMine-MP.

for now I guess I can use the functions plugin and add that plugins permission to the User.dat section of PurePerm, groups are much easier and more diverse but this is a possible work around.

edit: I dont think I can use the functions plugin unless it checks if user is in group otherwise it functions just like slapper. both can run commands as console and op and input the playername clicking. but this would allow ANYONE who knows where the teleport is to teleport and become a "builder" not intended function of the teleport.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    jasonwynn10 likes this.
  14. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Functions can check permissions too, but IDK how it works, better contact @Ad5001 for that lol

Have you tried this PR by @jasonwynn10? I don't know if there is any difference, but you could try lol

Another thing you could try, is removing the "isDefault" from all the worlds and see what happens then (after restarting/reloading your server/PurePerms of course)

15. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

I tried removing is default or setting them to false, the script automatically set them to true anyway

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  16. BaconOFBurger

BaconOFBurger Spider

GitHub:
    BaconOFBurger
    Lol i have the same bug problem but everyone is op xD a PurePerm bug. if its to true, you need do a server reload (no a restart), and it will keep false :D sry for my bad english.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.