1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Port Forwarding Not Working

Discussion in 'Help' started by Evan, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Evan

Evan Spider

Hello! I port forwarded PocketMine (Technically Elywing, but it's a fork of PocketMine and they don't have forums) So, if I connect to 192.168.1.30 on my network, it works. But I want to be able to access it from my external ip. It's all port forwarded, TCP and UDP, and sites like in the screenshot can access it, but it will not connect. If necessary, we use a Netgear X8 on Spectrum internet.

Attached Files:

2. Evan

Evan Spider

Update: I switched to the official PocketMine phar and it still doesn't work. Here is my config:
    Code:
    #Properties Config file
    #Sat Feb 4 17:51:25 ACT 2017
    server-name=EdiaMC
    motd=EdiaMC
    server-port=19132
    online-mode=1
    level-name=world
    level-type=DEFAULT
    gamemode=0
    max-players=1000
    spawn-protection=16
    announce-player-achievements=on
    white-list=off
    enable-query=on
    enable-rcon=on
    rcon.password=u no see dis
    allow-flight=off
    spawn-animals=on
    spawn-mobs=on
    force-gamemode=off
    hardcore=off
    pvp=on
    difficulty=0
    generator-settings=
    level-seed=
    auto-save=on
    memory-limit=4096M
    ip=192.168.1.30

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    You can't connect from inside the network to you public IP with some routers, connect to a public wifi and try to join

4. Evan

Evan Spider

Not the problem. I have a server for the Java version and I can connect to it using the external IP just fine. I am going to try updating my router firmware, brb

5. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Just a quick notice: please put bigger files, configs and code in code blocks:

[CODE]your code[/CODE]

6. Evan

Evan Spider

Router firmware update didn't do a thing

7. Evan

Evan Spider

I tried connecting using RCON and it worked, so port forwarding obviously is done right. Says "Unable to connect to world."

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  8. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Did you try setting the ip to 0.0.0.0 in server.properties?

9. Evan

Evan Spider

! will try

10. Evan

Evan Spider

Nope, did not work

11. eDroid

eDroid Witch

GitHub:
    edroiid
    change the ip to 0.0.0.0 and restart your router. then get your local ip and make sure it matches with the port forward info

12. Evan

Evan Spider

Nope. My router even has a selection of devices with their IP addresses next to them, so I know the config is done right. Please note that RCON works using the external IP address, so the config is right. Also, I am able to connect using the internal IP address of the server, so firewall settings are correct. The is either a problem with the config, or PocketMine.

13. Evan

Evan Spider

I have also successfully port forwarded many things, like FTP, web sites, Minecraft Java servers, etc., so I am likely good on the port forwarding end.

14. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i think you need to manually add 19132 to the PF list

15. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Not necessarily: RCON, Web and FTP (also JAVA MC gameplay too iirc) all use the TCP protocol, but PM uses UDP. Can you confirm that you can't connect with the external IP from from outside your own network?

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  16. Evan

Evan Spider

Thunder33345:
    I know for sure that I have the IP right. It shows it on the list and it's the static IP that I set.
    Awzaw:
    I know it's set to UDP. I can try disconnecting from our wifi on my phone and using Verizon. I will try right now...

17. Evan

Evan Spider

Connecting using Verizon did not work. Still get the same problem. Will check my router configuration yet again...

18. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Hmmm... did you check from outside your network while ip was set to 0.0.0.0? The problem isn't pocketmine as we all run it with no such problems... I'd triple check any firewalls and router config as they are the most likely culprits.

19. Evan

Evan Spider

I've looked over it many times. It's running on Windows Server 2012 R2. I've added the inbound rules for TCP and UDP on port 19132, and even for any program associated with it. I think that part is fine since I can connect locally. I've port forwarded it for TCP and UDP on the router. I checked it way too many times. Should I contact Netgear support? It seems to be an issue with port forwarding. Before doing that, I'll adjust some things that really should not matter.

20. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    What about firewalls on router and Windows?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.