1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Port Forwarding Help-Linux

Discussion in 'Help' started by Scott Long, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Scott Long

Scott Long Spider

Hello!

I can access my server from within my LAN, but all efforts to reach it from outside my LAN fail; port forward 19132 via UDP and TCP failed.
    I have port forwarded before, so i know it shouldn't be that complicated, lol.. but not sure what i'm doing wrong. I have allowed multiple ports through the UFW and status shows as open. I've even tried disabling the firewall completely. Can anyone help me troubleshoot? It's an ASUS router, super easy to forward other ports to other computers... i was even able to forward another port to that server and it was open... but 19132 and others, closed.

Thanks in advance!

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Maybe your ISP is blocking outside access?

RekkuzaRage likes this.
  3. Scott Long

Scott Long Spider

I thought so, too.. but i think only the majors like 25 and 80 are blocked... others seem to work.. but none that are 19***. Can i move it to 25565 like for a full minecraft server?

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    You can choose any port in server.properties.

5. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

Did you forward to your device local ip maybe its incorrect?

6. Scott Long

Scott Long Spider

Thanks for the replies everyone... got it sorted out. Turned out a multiple set of issues: parental controls on tablet, guest network access, internal WAN IP same as guest but trying to access from outside LAN, etc. If anyone comes across this thread and wants details, please let me know... it was an interesting networking problem! Thanks everyone!

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.