1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Guide Port forwarding guide (By @Kem)

Discussion in 'Help' started by Dinokiller, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Spider Jockey

I've decided to migrate this over from the old forums for newcomers since I think this was the best tutorial for port forwarding on there. I've made my own minor edits but the original author is @Kem who is now unfortunately no longer active. If there is a problem with me reposting this, could a moderator please let me know and I'll remove it.

I thought I would make a port forwarding guide for the people who are new to setting up PM servers.

Step 1. Assuming you have already downloaded PM and have set it up the next step is to port forward.
    Step 2. Open up CMD. You can open up start and search it. Once you have opened it, type in "ipconfig". (Do not add the " ")
    Step 3. Look for the default gateway ip which should be something like 192.168.2.1. It can vary.
    Step 4. Open up your browser and type in the default gateway into the address bar.
    Step 5. This should take you to the wifi router page. If it has a login go ahead and login if not continue to the next step.
    Step 6. Look for the virtual servers tab. The name may vary depending on the wifi router.
    Step 7. Once you have opened up the virtual servers page, you will see that it will ask you to enter a port, ip, and a name. For the port you will type in 19132, the inbound and private port. For the ip you will go back to the cmd window and look for the IPv4 address. Then type that in to the virtual servers page. Name the server and you are set. Just save the settings.
    Step 7. To connect to your own server you will always connect locally if you are using the wifi router you used to port forward.
    Step 8. If you want other people to connect you will give them your static ip and the port. To find out your ip just go to google and type in my ip.
    Step 9. When connecting to your own server, the server should show up as a wifi world on your device. Just click on it and your ready to go!

If you have not configured your firewall then the port forward might not work.
    Don't ever change server-ip in the server.properties unless you know what you're doing.

If you have any questions or did not understand a step please let me know and I will do my best to help you out. Thanks for reading!

Here are some screenshots that should help out. Keep in mind that all routers are different so the interface may look very different. But in the end it is all the same process that should be done. First screen shot is what should be done on the router. All the highlighted things are the important ones. The next screenshot is the CMD. I highlighted the only things that matter as well. Do NOT type in the exact same things as in the screenshots. The IPv4 may be different and the default gateway may be different as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

archie426 and LilCrispy2o9 like this.
  2. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    This is not related to plugin development. Moving to "Help" section.

3. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    LilCrispy2o9 likes this.
  4. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Spider Jockey

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    archie426 and SOFe like this.
  5. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    I think multiple tutorials for one topic are pointless...

6. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Then make a wiki and edit it together?

7. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Spider Jockey

If you're able to read two different tutorials on the same subject I think you'll have a better chance of understanding. I'm not saying there should be loads but maybe more than one.

SOFe and archie426 like this.
  8. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    That would be an awesome idea !

9. Intyre

Intyre Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    Intyre
    SOFe likes this.
  10. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Spider Jockey

No it's not, as it says in the quote the screenshots of that belkin router are only to help out. It doesn't mean that this is a tutorial only meant for belkin routers. The rest of the guide are independent to your type of router.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.