1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

port forward windows vps

Discussion in 'Help' started by Kkora, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Kkora

Kkora Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    shisui203
    Hello guys, how can I port forward a windows vps? I found this on google and do everything it say but I don't see my server is online or offline.

2. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Generally speaking you don't need to port forward on a VPS since it has its own IP address. You may want to check your firewall settings instead.

3. Kkora

Kkora Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    shisui203
    I need to turn the firewall on or off?

4. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    Hi, I believe you didn't 'confuse' yourself with a Local Windows Computer with a Windows VPS. Plus, I don't see why it doesn't let you find your server out of the box, the default port would be 19132 and the IP would be your VPS's IP. You might wanna see the port availability, sometimes since the Server version is very much different than the public version (Win 10) , I can't say much but the server might be using the PORT or it does not allow traffic through it due to a firewall setting. Whole at it, check your inbound / outbound rules too.

Leroy Whitten likes this.
  5. Leroy Whitten

Leroy Whitten Creeper

GitHub:
    creeper1105
    you need to configure windows firewall to accept udp 19132 outbound port

6. Leroy Whitten

Leroy Whitten Creeper

GitHub:
    creeper1105
    I don't think tcp is necessary but is probably best to do it just in case

7. Kkora

Kkora Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    shisui203
    yes, that's what I found on google. But I want to make some other type, such as Skyblock, Prison, RPGFactions,... so I have to make more servers that using other port

8. Leroy Whitten

Leroy Whitten Creeper

GitHub:
    creeper1105
    If you have several servers you will need to port forward the servers custom port set in server.properties (you must have a different port per server or IP will have conflict) I recommend having your hub server run on 19132, as this is default and makes client connect easier

9. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    Yes, you could atleast give a try. In Linux, we wouldn't need to worry about opening a PORT and it is usable right out of the Box with ports like 19132 (Default), 19133, 19999, 41414, 20000, 25454 and more..

10. Leroy Whitten

Leroy Whitten Creeper

GitHub:
    creeper1105
    Linux is better suited for hosting however depending on your situation you will probably have to learn how to use the terminal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.