1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

PocketMine 1.0 API 3.0 Alpha - Password Auth Plugin

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Josh--, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Josh--

Josh-- Creeper

Dear All

Does anyone have a working password Auth plugin which works with the latest dev mine-craft server 1.0 using the latest API 3.0.

I see a number of leet.cc 1.0 servers online with a working auth plugin however I can not find how / which plugin they are using.

Please provide a link if you know of any working plugins or have any advice.

Thanks

Josh

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Most auth plugins are not broken by any API 3.0 changes yet. You could bump the version of SimpleAuth/HereAuth to 3.0.0-ALPHA1 and it should work. We're currently in a transition phase and this is going to take a while.

3. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Key word to note there is should. It may not work and may break at any time in the future without warning, due to the on going changes to the API.

4. Josh--

Josh-- Creeper

Sadly it does not work.. changed api: 2.0.0 to api: 3.0.0-ALPHA1 within the .phar file and get the following error

[02:17:13] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not load \Minecraft-live\plugins\SimpleAuth_v1.7.2.phar' in folder '\Minecraft-live\plugins\': manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB in phar "\Minecraft-live\plugins\SimpleAuth_v1.7.2.phar"
    [02:17:13] [Server thread/CRITICAL]: UnexpectedValueException: "manifest cannot be larger than 100 MB in phar "\Minecraft-live\plugins\SimpleAuth_v1.7.2.phar"" (EXCEPTION) in "/src/pocketmine/plugin/PharPluginLoader" at line 85

HereAuth has the same error...

5. eDroid

eDroid Witch

GitHub:
    edroiid
    i have a phar for pocketmine that ignores api check

6. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    Never edit a phar directly. Unpackage it, make your changes and then package it again.

Are you stupid? If the API version was only there for our enjoyment then we'd let PocketMine load all plugins, no matter what API version they specify. The changes to the version reflect changes to the code itself, if there are backwards incompatible changes then the major API version number will be bumped so old API (possibly incompatible) plugins won't load. The appropriate changes need to be made to the plugins actual code and then to the API declaration. A plugin loading is one thing and a plugin working is another.

dktapps likes this.
  7. eDroid

eDroid Witch

GitHub:
    edroiid
    its the one leet uses lol

8. Josh--

Josh-- Creeper

Perfect... and done done

Modifed HereAuth 2.0.0 .phar once un complied and it works perfectly.....

Thanks for your help

I wonder how many other plugins will work like this.....

9. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    You somehow corrupted your phar/edited it directly.

10. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    Current rule of thumb for ALPHA-1: All plugins can be bumped more or less successful, if they do not call any level functions. And don't mess with metadata.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.