1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

PMMP v1.2.6 Alpha9 Phar

Discussion in 'Help' started by MSG100PM, Dec 10, 2017.

1. MSG100PM

MSG100PM Slime

GitHub:
    MSG100TC
    Can someone help me find a PMMP v1.2.6 Alpha9 Phar? I can't find it anywhere, not even on Jenkins, because Jenkins only has PMMP v1.2.6 Alpha10.

If you could send me a .Phar file for pmmp v1.2.6 alpha9 I would be REALLY appreciated, thank you!!

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    There is no 1.2.6 ALPHA9 phar. You can make an ALPHA9 phar work with ALPHA10 through a plugin easily though, because there are no (known) protocol changes.

iiFlamiinBlaze likes this.
  3. MSG100PM

MSG100PM Slime

GitHub:
    MSG100TC
    How? And what plugin should I use? Are there bugs?

4. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    It is trivial to clone the PocketMine git repo and modify it to run any plugin API version you like, but anyone who doesn't have the knowledge to figure that out for themselves will probably be unable to deal with the consequences if things go wrong.

You are best to stick to a tagged release, currently 3.0.0-ALPHA10, and use compatible plugins from Poggit, ask developers to update your alpha9 versions, or update them yourself. If that's not an option you'll just have to build your own version of pocketmine because nobody here wants to get banned for posting something as counterproductive as an ALPHA9 version for 1.2.6.

This has been covered many times already in the forums : API versions are essential to healthy development for the core and plugins; they reflect changes to the core which may cause plugins to malfunction, and data to be lost.

Anyone is free to hack PocketMine to do whatever they wish, but don't expect any help from plugin devs, PMMP or on these forums if you start hacking the core and ignoring API compatibility.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  5. MSG100PM

MSG100PM Slime

GitHub:
    MSG100TC
    Holy.

That still doesn't explain how :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.