1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

PMMP on Raspberry Pi possible?

Discussion in 'Help' started by JFoe25, Dec 9, 2018.

1. JFoe25

JFoe25 Creeper

Was trying it hours now and running every time against a wall.
    Was using the several methods and was running an older version, after much handwork, but isn't compatible with MC Win 10. :(
    For newer version I wasn't found a php7.2 binary and the PMMP don't use the correct version what is installed as global working system app. That's absolute bad programmed and against all linux rules. :(

Has anyone an idea how I can run the actual PMMP on a Pi 3B+ ?

Or, what should be the alternative?
    It seems to be programmed for big PCs, but why? The raspberry is the perfect cheap platform for it!

Greetings
    Jochen

2. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    You need a 64-bit OS on the pi to be able to build the required binary and run PM. There are countless threads on the forums about this.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  3. JFoe25

JFoe25 Creeper

Do you know a good one?
    What OS will be good?
    Ready to use images would be perfect for the pi because it is an absolute standardized identical platform and perfect for that.
    All scripts for DIY are not neccessary.

Mostly the arm processor is the problem for getting binaries. Have not found php7.2... only for x86.

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
  5. HoltRead

HoltRead Creeper

GitHub:
    holtread
    To use pocketmine you will need to have a 64bit os. Opensuse has a 60 day trial for the Raspberry Pi 3 however there is a better option: pi64. Also craftbukkit and spigot are for the Java versions of Minecraft only.

pcb assembly canada

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  6. JFoe25

JFoe25 Creeper

Have now test it on a windows machine with i3 and it's horrible slow and the landscape is only viewable with minimal distance.
    So on the Pi it should be a no go!?
    Have now a windows machine and share my map with the game itself... that's really performant.

7. Destroyer57

Destroyer57 Zombie

Raspi is not good for running gameservers

8. JFoe25

JFoe25 Creeper

Ok, good to know! The PMMP seems to need massive ressources.
    If I run it form game itself the shared game is running like local on the other computers. :)
    With PMMP it wasn't playable from other computers and PMMP running on the same i3.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.