1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

PMMP.io Down and Advice Needed

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by MineCraftForChildren, Jan 21, 2018.

1. MineCraftForChildren

MineCraftForChildren Spider Jockey

Hi,

I signed up to get help with an issue, that maybe someone here can help with or suggest (I will post below), but I've also noticed the main website has been down for 2 days. Is it being updated or should there be some concern that this project is shutting down?

Here is my previous post that I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some ideas on. I initially posted it in the help section, but didn't receive any help :)

Hi Everyone.

I've been on here for a few months reading up, and needed help and had a few questions for my daughters MineCraft server.

Some history. I work within I.T., and set up a MineCraft Server on a VPS for my daughters to play with on our P.C's. They have their own devices with which used PocketMine, and now MineCraft (Bedrock). Sometimes things run smooth, but once an update occurs, I get the logged out due to Invalid session error.

I've tried every tip and trick in resolving it, and it just never resolves. The previous time, I saved their world, wiped out the VPS, and reinstalled everything. It worked. Now, I think their laptops updated, and now the error.
    The version of MineCraft installed is downloaded from here (Pmmp,
    This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.7dev-634 "[REDACTED]" (API 3.0.0-ALPHA10)). Before logging in, there's other Servers...and I tested logging into them, and have zero issues connecting to them.

So my questions;

1. What is the true method to resolve the logged out due to Invalid session error?
    2. Is there MineCraft server version that's the "go to" for everyone?
    3. What versions or installations is Mineplex, inipvp, or lifeboat running to have zero connection issues? (not promoting them...just need help)
    4. Could the firewalll have any factor, even though they were connected before?

The setup is a VPS running Ubtuntu 16. The devices are on Version 1.2.9

Please any ir guidance with would be much appreciated..

Thanks,

M

2. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    http://pmmp.io isn't down. I can access it fine.
    This can sometimes happen if the world you're using with PocketMine is corrupted somehow. Replacing the world would fix it if that's the cause.
    Mineplex and InPvP both use a different software called MiNET. It's more advanced and made for mini games servers; it's not made to work with just plain survival or creative servers.
    What exactly do you mean by that?

3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    When your children updated their game, did you update the PocketMine version too?

4. MineCraftForChildren

I wasn't able to access yesterday. Funny enough, it is working, but https://jenkins.pmmp.io has not been working since yesterday either. The last update that was send out was on the 19th, and usually am update is sent out everyday.

Thanks. I will do a basic install with the default world and see if that helps.

Thanks. I read about MiNet and it was one of the options on my list before narrowing down to pmmp. Basically it was any option that would work, and that has an active community. A few on the list were dead projects or close to. When I initially set up everything, the pocketmine website was near their end. That's when the search pulled up a dozen different options to work with.

In my work, version codes can sometimes be the exact reason something works or doesn't work. When I looked at the version of those other servers, all of them listed 1.2. Pmmp shows the server as 1.28, and on their laptops, 1.29. I know if the server is too far behind the actual program, they would get the outdated error, but with the ones running MiNet, theres never a connection issue. I only log into them from different devices to see if the issue is on my end, and with every device, there's always a connection. That's what I would like for my daughters server. MineCraft (Win10) on the laptops auto-updated to version 1.29. I have now turned off the auto-update, because that alone is a whole other discussion, but what I'm asking....would the community say "only use 1.2x and not 1.2y because 1.2y has known issues", or "all of us run 1.2a and will not update until 1.3a comes out".

5. MineCraftForChildren

Yes and Yes. The game auto-updated on their laptops to 1.29, and I updated the server to the last Pmmp release. It's been down since the 19th with no new releases.

6. MineCraftForChildren

UPDATE

I replaced the world...still could not connect.

7. Oniii-Chan

Oniii-Chan Witch

GitHub:
    Vincent583
    If you are in personnal host, it's depend of your internet speed

8. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    And the /version command showed the new version too? Just curious, because I've never had that problem

9. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    I assume that someone who works in IT business (
    )
    knows that.

10. MineCraftForChildren

Ran the version command and this was the output (below), and unfortunately even with a new installation, I still can't connect due to an invalid session. Sigh.

version implementing API version 3.0.0-ALPHA10 for Minecraft: PE v1.2.7 (protocol version 160)
    [18:03:32] [Server thread/INFO]: This server is running PocketMine-MP 1.7dev-516 ã[REDACTED]ã

MineCraft on our devices is 1.2.9

11. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    this usually means that the client and server times are out of sync. Make sure the client and host both have the same time and timezone set.

EdwardHamHam likes this.
  12. evilosis

evilosis Creeper

GitHub:
    evilosis
  13. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
  14. evilosis

evilosis Creeper

GitHub:
    evilosis
    I did try it! - many times. I got the same error as MineCraftForChildren reported. MCPE updated on its own and I cant log in. Not realy complaining just saying that I noticed that it usually says when its been bumped to latest release on Jenkins. I will keep updating and hopefully will be able to connect soon enough.

15. MineCraftForChildren

Thanks for the replies.

Since I started this thread, we have not been able to connect...always getting the same error.

Tasks so far;
    1. Disable all plugins
    2. Check date.time
    3. Re-install everything
    4. Create a new VPS and did a fresh installation...no firewalls or extra needed files.
    5. Throw computer into backyard :)
    6. Research some more
    7. Reinstall again with latest version, as of today's date.

No results. Any advice on tearing it apart and checking codes, I have no problem doing so :)

16. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    I think you should check again, only problems I could think of are:
    * Your time is different, set it to where you live and match it with your iPads. Make sure none of your devices are 1 day fast or 1 day slow in time, compared to host.
    * I know people say don’t use this build, but just curious try installing the cutting edge version.
    * What host are you using, different hosts have their servers setup with different configuration.

17. MineCraftForChildren

Everything is within the same time zone, and within a minute of each other. I do most of the test from my phone that I also use for work, so the time has to be correct or I would run into the same issues.

This is what I asked before, but I think may have been misunderstood. Within a community, people will know use Version B and not Version A because it's full of bugs, which was worked out in B.

Which version has been the most reliable...is it available from pmmp...and is it compatible with 1.2.9 on devices?

I run a hosting company, so that part is covered :) Any configuration needed is not an issue. Everything was working fine until these recent updates, and the logs are limited in terms of the information given....which is also limited in terms of finding a resolution. The common trick to fix the issue didn't work, which made me dig deeper to see if it's OS related, or firewall related, or something I'm missing, which if the issue is on the software side, then it's in the hands of mojang/microsoft, and whenever they plan to address the issue.

18. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

As per the documentation, they have 4 "environments", in order of stability: Development, Alpha, Beta, Stable. Currently, there are only releases in Development (usually daily, sometimes multiple times a day, Development is prone to bugs and not every build will work properly) an Alpha (from... December. It was version 1.7dev-516.)

Last time I checked, 1.7dev-516 (the last release in Alpha) worked just fine with MCPE 1.2.9, even though it identifies itself as a 1.2.7 server. (EDIT, I just checked and that works fine).

What does your VPS setup look like? I assume running GNU/Linux of some kind? How have you set things up?

I run my server as a Docker image (using my own image here: https://hub.docker.com/r/circleeh/pocketmine/), kids have no problem logging in and playing though they desperately want redstone to work (and levers, etc).

19. MineCraftForChildren

I always find that funny because I have only been able to access the development version. The other 3 were always down...and now all 4 are down. It's only when the development one went down that people say anything about it. Maybe its personal and jenkins/pmmp just blocks me :)

Do you know of other links that supply the other versions, and works? I do think I've always used the Dev version, and only updated when the software updated, and all was good.

Good to know.

I set them up on Ubuntu 16 with 2GB Ram.

Redstone...that's all I hear about LOL. It's those little things that make a difference. I've lost track on conversations about levers on previous versions.

20. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

The Jenkins server is horribly unstable. I was looking at configuring my Docker builds to run automatically and grab whatever that day's latest Development version was... but I don't want to deal with the failed build errors from the server being down.

I suspect that the reason that most people here complain about the Development version being unreachable is because a lot of the more active people here are also developers (plugin or otherwise). I could be wrong, but that is my sense...

Well, my docker images contain the requisite phar file for whatever version it is tagged as, so if you use them, you don't really have to worry about the Jenkins server being reachable....

However, the latest Alpha release is also available on the GitHub repo: https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/releases

Yup. I know that there are a lot of steps between where things are, and a fully working server with redstone. So until then, I am exploring what kind of extra fun I can bring to the game with the plugins. For redstone, they just continue to connect to each-other's tablets for shared gaming.

That should be more than sufficient for running this. How did you install Pocketmine? Are you using the PHP packages from the Ubuntu apt repos?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.