1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

[Plugin Request] MultiProtocol plugin

Discussion in 'Development' started by Malakas, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Malakas

Malakas Silverfish

Could I have a plugin that allows players that use MCPE 1.0.4 to join 1.0.3 servers? I am sure that this plugin exists because I have seen it in a server.

If this is advertisement, sorry

2. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Those servers are using a fork/spoon of PocketMine: Elywing. Elywing is foolish enough to accept multiple versions in one server. Mojang bumps the protocol for a reason. There are things that can break if two different versions play in a server.

3. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    I'm currently working on a new network structure to allow cleanly supporting multiple protocol versions simultaneously, but ran into design issues.

I can tell you that hacking protocol numbers in is not going to work well, you're more likely to crash your players than get it to actually work. And if it does work, there will be things that won't work, such as transfer.

jasonwynn10 and Jack Noordhuis like this.
  4. Malakas

Malakas Silverfish

I also use Elywing for 1.0.3. If you see better in the plugins of the server, you will see a plugin named MultiProtocol

Attached Files:

5. Malakas

Malakas Silverfish

Ok. Are you working this on Elywing too? Is there any plugin that allow that? As I can see the server it told supports 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 each and it uses Elywing

6. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    No, of course not. This is not Elywing forums, we do not provide support for it here.

jasonwynn10, Muqsit and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  7. Malakas

Malakas Silverfish

Ok. Could you make me a multiprotocol plugin?

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    But there's a fine line between warning someone not to play with fire and straight up blocking the access to the fire

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.