1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Plugin help

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by Leo, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Leo

Leo Silverfish

Heyyy, so I have started to learn the basics with coding plugins but I don't know how to make them into like a zip file or whatever it is, I use droidedit for coding and ES file manager for making the file, but I don't know how to make the file so I can start coding... I'm not sure if its a zip a php or another thing. Anyone know how?

2. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    Probably the best thing you can do is examine other plugins. Sadly, very few plugin tutorials actually explain what everything is and why it is that way. PEMapModder's tutorial is pretty good though, so check it out.

3. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
  4. Leo

Leo Silverfish

OK so with the second link, I made the zip file and turned it into a phar file. I am using ftp so I can go to the plugins folder and upload the phar. Is that it? I just upload it, restart my server and then the plugin should work?

5. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Yes

6. Leo

Leo Silverfish

This is what I do: (its a plugin that I'm editing) I download the zip from pocket mine, I go to the second link you gave me, I turned it into a .phar file and I went to es file manager, then I edited the file and went to my server control panal, then I went to ftp from there and uploaded the file to .plugins, after I restarted the server, I went on to the server, used /plugins and the plugin was not there! I don't know if I'm doing this right?

7. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    You can't properly edit a .phar file without first extracting it then recompiling it afterwards.

8. Leo

Leo Silverfish

Uh how do I do that?

9. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    Edit the plugin before you turn it into a .phar, not after.

10. Leo

Leo Silverfish

I tried this a few minutes ago, I went to the plugin I was going to edit, downloaded the zip, opened the zip in es file manager, edited the stuff I wanted to edit, went to that pocketmine .phar maker website and turned my zip into a .phar, then I went to my servers ftp and uploaded the .phar, restarted my server, joined the server and I ran /plugins, the plugin showed up but its in red (showing that its broken) Don't know if it was the .phar or not?

11. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    That's good, it just means the plugin was disabled by the server. Check your server log or console on startup.

12. Leo

Leo Silverfish

I've restarted the server and looked at the console, nothing unusual. Its still showing up red and the commands aren't working...

13. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    Are you using Multicraft or something? You should see some errors on startup, or at least a message saying it is disabling the plugin.

14. Leo

Leo Silverfish

I kind of am, the server client I use is powered by multicraft. I guess I'll keep looking at the console for something, if I do find anything what do I do?

15. Leo

Leo Silverfish

Yea I looked at the console when I restart the server and read everything, only thing I thought was weird is that when it shows all the plugins saying stuff like "(Plugin) Loading..." Or when I shut it off "(Plugin) Disabled!" It shows that for pretty much every plugin except for the plugin I was editing ...

16. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Can you show us a screenshot of after you do /plugins? Show us which listings are green, and which ones are red?

17. Leo

Leo Silverfish

When I do /plugins only 1 is red, and that's the one I'm editing. The rest are all green

18. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    the error is redacted by multicraft

19. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    I believe @Thunder33345 is correct. Multicraft keeps most errors hidden, which means there isn't anything that could explain where the issue is. you should check your server.log file.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  20. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    server.log

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.