1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Permission plugin for 1.0.0?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by HittmanA, Jan 5, 2017.

1. HittmanA

HittmanA Zombie

GitHub:
    hittmana
    Ok so pureperms was ok for a while but now with the new update I am pretty sure it will to work. Does anyone have or know a good perms plugin for mcpe 1.0.0 and the 3.0.0 api?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    Did you mean "I am pretty sure it will [not] work"? PurePerms is by far superior in many ways. 1.0 on PMMP is not production ready, so I suggest waiting before asking for updated plugins. (Especially if you aren't even certain that it will have issues.)

Correct me if anything I said is false.

3. HittmanA

HittmanA Zombie

GitHub:
    hittmana
    Yes I mean it is *not* working. I just tested it (changed its api version to 3.0.0-ALPHA1) and it fails. No errors, it just can't do anything.

4. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    PurePerms works fine for me with 'yamlv1' as the provider - can you post your config and groups?

5. HittmanA

HittmanA Zombie

GitHub:
    hittmana
    Here is my entire pureperms folder. Also I did change pureperms api version to 3.0.0-APLHA1 and then made it into a phar (at pmt.mcpe.me). The main problem is it doesn't make an data files for players.

Attached Files:

6. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    corytortoise likes this.
  7. Awzaw

GitHub:
    awzaw
    I've forked the latest 1.4.0-INDEV version, bumped the API to 3.0.0-ALPHA1 and enabled it in Poggit CI so you can download a dev build of the .phar file directly:
    https://poggit.pmmp.io/ci/Awzaw/PurePerms

I don't use that version so it is untested - but I'll merge the changes from my own working branch into that ASAP. There's no reason I can see that it shouldn't work perfectly, and let me know if you have problems since 64FF00 is inactive.

While we are on the subject, here's a few things to remember about PurePerms that should illustrate why you need to be VERY careful who gets perms to use PurePerms commands or edit the config:
    1. You MUST respect the correct yaml format when editing groups.yml manually - use http://codebeautify.org/yaml-validator to check before you edit the groups.yml or BAD THINGS may happen! Some text editors (esp. on WIndows) can add invisible characters that will mess up the yaml even though it looks perfect - that website will detect such errors.

2. You MUST NOT inherit groups which inherit a group which inherits the original group... any such loop will crash the server with Out of Memory errors and no indication that PurePerms is to blame. Maybe this was fixed in 1.4, but don't do it anyway.

3. Do not delete groups that are inherited by other groups, either directly or indirectly.

4. Use yamlv1 as the provider, unless you know what you are doing.

5. Do not use the multiworld perms settings, it doesn't work.

6. Note that negative permissions have priority: if Guest has perm '-pocketmine.command.gamemode' and Admin inherits Guest, your Admins will not have the gamemode perm even if it is specified for the Admin group. There are exceptions to this rule... if a player has the permission '*' then negative perms are ignored, for example.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.