1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

New Server setup, looking for a walkthru, cant get to work properly

Discussion in 'Help' started by x2thez, Jan 4, 2017.

1. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

So I am trying to setup a server to use for my kid on his android tablet playing minecraft pocket edition. I have gone to pocketmine.net and downloaded pocketmine-mp. I have installed that on my server (windows 10 machine), I setup the port forwarding and when I try to connect to it it says unable to connect to world.

I also just in part of testing set it up on http://mcpeindex.com/ where the server responds and says its online.

I have done some searching and perhaps not searched under the correct terms but cannot answer my question. I am not sure what I am missing to just get a basic minecraft pocket edition server going.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
  3. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

OK, that seemed to work better but on the tablet it goes between green light and locating server ??? When I try to login, it says login time out. ON the console I see my login and public IP I am connecting from but says timeout

4. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

OK, so now I just updated my app on the tablet, and I get an error that says could not connect, outdated server This was with version 1.0.0 from the google play store

5. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Oh, you need the .phar for 1.0.0, remember, this build is indev and could damage the world you have on your server so please make a backup of your server before using this version.

Since the jenkins server is down, I'll send you the .phar here: http://files.himbeer.me/pmmp/PocketMine-MP.phar

Just delete your current .phar and replace it with this one.

6. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

That worked, I am now able to login. Is there any other things I should be doing for this? Like a best practice or anything?

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  7. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Just configure your pocketmine.yml and server.properties for your desired outcome. You can also install any plugins you want. Just make sure they are made for Pocketmine API 3.0

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  8. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what do the plugins allow you to do?

9. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Plugins change things in game. For example, you can get a plugin that allows you to have pets. I am currently working on a plugin that has Mob AI (Moving/Spawning Mobs, Pocketmine doesn't have mobs yet), and many other developers have github repositories for plugins if you look on Github.

jasonwynn10 and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  10. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

Great, thank you. But here is the thing, when I login to the new server that I created I have no items avaialble. I checked my server properties and gamemode is set to 1 which I beleive is creative. Shouldnt creative mode have all the items? If not how can I install them on my server so they are all available?

11. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    1. Try to open your inventory :p
    2. Try using /gamemode 1 to change the gm to creative

12. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

Yes thank you, I am green but not that green. I have done that and there is nothing available. But then I ran your command, and I had to specify player. Does that mean I need to set this for every player? when I ran gamemode 1 bubba (my name) it worked and Had all the inventory. Will I need to do this every time someone connects?

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  13. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    You were probably in Survival, and the reason nothing was available was because you hadn't collected any resources yet. Try setting your default gamemode in server.properties to 1 ( 1 = creative)

14. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

Thank you, now I have a new problem. All of the clients we use updated, and say my server is out of date, where can I find the latest server build so that I can use the latest client

15. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    You can find all of the most recent built .phar files here.

16. x2thez

x2thez Silverfish

and I can just download the latest .phar and replace my current one? will I lose any configuration I have done?

17. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Yeah, you just turn off the server, replace your current phar with the new one, and turn the server back on. No, you will not lose any configurations, worlds, or plugins that you have.

jasonwynn10 and corytortoise like this.
  18. MrZ

MrZ Creeper

19. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    The Poggit site is the only current alternative download. I believe Jenkins is always down right now.

20. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

If u don't feel like direct download of the phar or you want to setup a brand new server with the installer
    you can use one of these two commands in your server directory.
    Code:

curl -sL get.pmmp.io | bash -s - -t poggit.pmmp.io/get.pmmp -v custom

wget -O - get.pmmp.io | bash -s - -t poggit.pmmp.io/get.pmmp -v custom

1st is for osx
    2nd is for linux
    I find it easier personally

on a side note @SOFe said he would have the jenkins server up and running soon a while back
    so who knows

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    jasonwynn10 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.