1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Music Player(.nbs players)

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Thunder33345, May 5, 2018.

1. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    the ability to play MULTIPLE musics streaming channel, each with different multiple(or) constraints:
    all - meaning all players will hear it
    level - meaning only if they are on a level
    area - meaning within said area
    static - meaning the noteblock will be broadcasted at a static position

the ability to subscribe(need perms) and create channels(admin) that have no condition and only way to join is to use a command
    the ability to exclude/mute/leave channels
    each channel is consist of a name and list of .nbs files name, it can also use "ALL RANDOM" meaning it will use all the files randomly

also the playback function of going forward backward pause(admin)
    also the ability to have a custom playback(basically play a song off the server's library)
    also the ability to allow players to create custom playlist which players can join into

the private/action based players take precedence over area based, and for area based the one ordered higher in the config always take precedence to prevent overlap

if possible, rip videos off youtube and convert them to .nbs at a command of an admin
    or else just rip .nbs off some nbs song provider

ideally will be highly optimized as it's quite expensive to play songs

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. Michel5F30

Michel5F30 Silverfish

Unfortunately i doubt that this is a possible feature of a plugin.

I already had the idea of a bukkit plugin streaming radio mp3 internet streams to clients.
    But all sounds were part of the client-side resourcepack and can only be triggered by the server. The server can't actually send sound content.

A short look over available MC PE protocol specifications (Linked here) let me assume, it's the same at PMMP.
    So this feature would require a modded client and a extended communication protocol.

But I might be wrong, i'm only sure in case of Java MC.

EDIT: Or did I misunderstood you? Do you want to play default sounds only, no custom songs & noises?

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  3. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    read the title lol, .nbs player not .mp3

4. Michel5F30

Michel5F30 Silverfish

NoteBlockStudio??? ops... gg i ignored those 3 letters "nbs" because i couldn't imaginge what they stand for.
    When requesting something maybe don't use abbreviations a possible contractor don't know.

So "yes" on this one, you want to play default sounds only. That's possible and shoudln't be too hard.
    Reading NoteBlockStudio exported files into a "playlist" of noteblock sounds and play them to players or at a specific location in the world.
    Actually the exercise sounds pretty simple...

5. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    yeah my bad on not expecting everyone to know what nbs stands for
    it's basically a format that stores all possible noteblock musical sounds
    yeah in the most basic form would to be allow for multiple locations etc
    i requested this because of how many badly made music player that lacks a lot of customizability and owners have to hack the file or plugin just so it can have two or three areas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.