Memory lane

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ifvictr, Nov 13, 2016.

1. ifvictr

ifvictr Silverfish

GitHub:
    ifvictr
    So I assume that most of us have been on the PocketMine forums for at least eight months. Some far more than that. And we have all had some good memories (and bad ones) from the old forums. Can everyone pitch in and share their memory(ies)? :)

Michael likes this.
  2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    despise how long i am in there i dont think there a lot of notable events/memories that worth mention/ i remember(rip memories)
    departure of LDX and PE Map Modder

3. Sandertv

Sandertv Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    I've just joined when the downfall of PM started, so I don't have a lot of those 'good' memories :p It was awesome to see how people like @TheDeibo tried to save PM for the time being though.

4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    I remember the good days of PM. 0.10 was awesome. There was a stable version release! It was just in its glory. In 0.11 the development got much slower. 0.12 was the death of PM. Shoghi quietly quit.

5. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    version 0.7.x was one of the best times. Realms was added to MCPE and Shoghi did some great stuff with it (around 5 June 2013) http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...pocketmine-realms-join-online-servers-without

Attached Files:

6. RachelMCPE

RachelMCPE Spider

I remember John's server so vividly. Anybody else? Survivalcraft? ;-;

7. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    Not really..

8. RachelMCPE

RachelMCPE Spider

Seriously?

9. RachelMCPE

RachelMCPE Spider

Does anybody even remember antisober552?

10. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    somewhat i remember hearing that name for me at least but most of us only dwell on PM forum

11. RachelMCPE

RachelMCPE Spider

Feeling nostalgic af.

12. HBIDamian

HBIDamian HBIDamian

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    Yes, I tried to save the forum... With simply typing on the keyboard with good intent.

13. Matthew

Matthew Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    matthww
    I remember antisober552

14. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    I remember I joined the forums while people where arguing about the 'State' of Pocketmine. I had been using PMMP for a while, and that was the issue that finally made me join. (I had been following stuff on the forums for a year or so, so sad when Shogi went inactive.)

Matthew likes this.
  15. Dinokiller

Dinokiller Spider Jockey

Been around since early 2013, I remember messing about with PocketMine-MP and trying out some of the plugins people had made. I think the first plugin I used was SignConsoles by @Omattyao that I got from this thread (yeah, there was no offical repository and nobody used github). I think it honestly fascinated me to see the first attempt of making a working Minecraft PE server done entirely in PHP. I had used PHP in the past when doing little websites so I quite quickly learned how to make plugins. I think around the time I was most active (2013-2014) I completed three plugins. One was called RandomTP, which teleported you to a random location in the world. The other was called PVPWorld which made it so you could only fight in certain worlds. The most impressive one I did was SocialSign which would get statistics about a Facebook, Twitter or YouTube account and display them on a sign, looking at code I think I also wanted to add Twitch support but I guess I never got round to it. I actually still have these plugins on my computer, with the exception of PVPWorld which seems to have been lost. :( So If anyone wants to see how old plugins used to be written have a look at these. https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2lo0osnzelqkb2/RandomTP.php?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqcbarggyd5a757/SocialSign.php?dl=0

Primus likes this.
  16. Intyre

Intyre Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    Intyre
    Memories! When there where no public servers back in 2012 - 2013.
    [​IMG]

dktapps and Primus like this.
  17. Legoboy0215

Legoboy0215 Witch

GitHub:
    legoboy0215
    When @Intyre banned me to help me on my exams... :p

dktapps likes this.
  18. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Pats @Intyre on the back

19. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I joined the old PocketMine forums nearly two years ago! I remember back when a stable PocketMine build was first a thing. I also remember my attempt in plugin development, and then when I was invited to a plugin development organization. I once requested a plugin; a PocketMine port of the Enjin donation store plugin. I don't think it was ever made though. :( The sad part was all the insults I got when asking a question in the plugin development forum. I'm not saying any names, but one of them was a notable member! I'm glad about all of the good members of the communtiy though, and I do personally wonder what PEMapModder is doing right now...
    The new forums though have given me a chance to change my username. I was this member on the old forums.

20. BlazingFire007

BlazingFire007 Creeper

I haven't been on since then. Decided to randomly check up on the community today. Loving the nostalgia.