1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Mcpe 1.8 phar

Discussion in 'Help' started by Atomization, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Atomization

Atomization Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    iAtomPlaza
    Hey, where can i get the latest released phar? at the time of writing this, Jenkins was down so i cant get the phar i need?

2. Oniii-Chan

Oniii-Chan Witch

GitHub:
    Vincent583
    You can download the latest PocketMine.phar here : https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP
    After, touch "Clone or Download tab" -> "Download ZIP"
    Copy all files in PocketMine-MP-master and paste it in your server folder.
    If you run server on Game Server just Restart Server else execute start.sh , start.cmd or start.ps1 as your operating system.
    You can get a phar by DevTools plugin and type /makeserver to get the phar.

3. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

That is a lot of work because the build server is down (again).

According to the docs, the "Development" releases are not supposed to be used for day-to-day play. I think a lot of us use them anyway, though things might break from one version to the next.

The most "stable" version that they have are their "Alpha" releases, which can be downloaded on the GitHub release tab: https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/releases

Those releases match the Alpha releases in the Jenkins build server.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable with Docker, I maintain a Docker image. The "latest" tags are whatever the most recent release to Alpha is, and "development" tag is whatever the most recent Development build I was able to snatch while the Jenkins server was up and running. You can find that here: https://hub.docker.com/r/circleeh/pocketmine/

4. Atomization

Atomization Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    iAtomPlaza
    okay thanks, i was interested in the releases and not the development. but now that i have the correct version, where can i get the latest bin files? it said i need to update. also, i bookmarked the releases tap so i wont need to ask again.

5. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    Why does the title say 1.8 phar...?

Anarchochris likes this.
  6. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

What said you need to update?

The "Alpha" release (1.7dev-516) should work with the newest Minecraft PE releases....

7. Atomization

Atomization Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    iAtomPlaza
    I tried to join and in the console it said i logged out due to incompatible version, but now i need to update my bin...

8. Oniii-Chan

Oniii-Chan Witch

GitHub:
    Vincent583
    Your MCPE version is iot equal to server required version .
    Tell me your MCPE version and your PocketMine-MP version

9. Atomization

Atomization Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    iAtomPlaza
  10. Oniii-Chan

Oniii-Chan Witch

GitHub:
    Vincent583
    You need to update php binary ?

11. Atomization

Atomization Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    iAtomPlaza
    yeah, ik, i said here:

12. Oniii-Chan

Oniii-Chan Witch

GitHub:
    Vincent583
    Anarchochris likes this.
  13. Anarchochris

Anarchochris Silverfish

TBH, it really isn't clear what you are asking for. There are lots of "bin files" in a project like this.

Are you talking about php? pocketmine-mp.phar? Minecraft app?

@Oniii-Chan is right, your operating system will also determine what binaries and where you need to get them from.

EDIT: I see that this was sorted out a couple of comments higher than I read before commenting. Oops!

Personally, I haven't run Windows on my desktop in 15+ years, so take the following with a grain of salt. Personally, I would install Docker and run the server as a Docker container. My pocketmine image is up to date and takes care of all the PHP stuff for you.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  14. Atomization

Atomization Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    iAtomPlaza
    I have gotten what i needed

Anarchochris likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.