1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Leet steals plugins

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by NickTehUnicorn, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickTehUnicorn

NickTehUnicorn Zombie

GitHub:
    unickorn
    So my friend got a leet server without asking me and spent over $150 on it :facepalm: and I got leet to see the pricing and stuff. They want money for plugins like:
    ServerLoveMCPE
    AdminFun
    SpawnParticles
    and so on..
    So I was actually going to contact the plugin creators but decided to create a topic because of my laziness.
    Do you guys know about it?

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Yes, yes we do, and they don't pay the plugin devs in case you didn't know

3. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    I'm no legal expert, but I think they can quite reasonably say that they are not charging for the code, but for the service they provide which uses that code, depending on the plugin licence. Having no licence would actually mean they do have to contact devs and get permission, but most licences allow this kind of usage since leet is not technically charging money for the code - although many licences require that they open-source their versions. You can charge someone for making a wordpress website without having to pay wordpress, for example.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    Some of us are aware,
    They even refuse to take down plugins on author's behalf in case you wonders [Source: ask any BoxOfDev members, they wouldnt even play nicely so your license have to be very strict against such]
    They prey on the stupidity of newer comer people who know nothing better, there's more better server host that allow you to do what you want
    Tho server host is not recommended UNLESS you truly dont know what you are doing and are happy to pay extra which if you have used it to buy a VPS you surely can have more freedom to do more stuff

5. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    by that i meant:
    using leet - dont know how to count money
    using some server host(vg and whatnot) - dont know how to set up PMMP yourself properly and willing to pay extra
    using VPS - know what you are doing[hopefully...]

gistrec and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  6. basprohop

basprohop Silverfish

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    SOFe likes this.
  7. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    I don't see why Leet is so popular. I tried them out when they first opened, and before they started stealing plugins made by other developers. If you want an easy way to host a server, there are even better ways to do so (and that allow you to upload your own plugins).

8. basprohop

basprohop Silverfish

Because some people are not "tech savvy" don't know what a VPS is and/or how to connect to it, let alone set it up. Leet has an app for android and ios and makes it easier for newwwbs to connect and manage their server. They have a "credit" system which at first seems like your buying features only that you need (so you don't pay more) but then, in the end, it adds up to you paying a shit ton of money. On top of that I don't think its possible to migrate away from leet? Can you get your files? Or do they host your files hostage? I don't know. But generally when you get leet you stuck with leet.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  9. NickTehUnicorn

NickTehUnicorn Zombie

GitHub:
    unickorn
    Exactly. Everything is within the app.
    It doesn't even have a console! You pay for player limit, plugins, maps, the hosting itself and you don't even get to see a single config.yml file.

HimbeersaftLP and EdwardHamHam like this.
  10. Derpific

Derpific Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    Derpific
    That is because they are only in it for the money. I also dont think they care about their customers opinions either.

NickTehUnicorn likes this.
  11. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    In simple words: no open-source software developer likes the idea that you have to pay to buy more features (software) that don't require extra hardware, much less the software was written by an open-source software developer.

12. basprohop

basprohop Silverfish

It's a business, any and all businesses are in it for the money. Customer opinions are secondary, as long as you provide a service that people require no matter what people will still conduct business with the said company until a feasible alternative is available.

KnownUnown and notapplqpak like this.
  13. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Ironically, the few companies in exsistance that do care about customer opinions often have a better product as well. Better service = more service. But those companies also aren't very well known. And less publicity = less service. An interesting cycle, when you think about it...

notapplqpak likes this.
  14. Eduardo

Eduardo Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xBeastMode
    What sucks more is that some of their plugins might just be renamed or copy-pasted versions of the original.
    Motherfucking dick suck cunt fucking fuck fuckity fuck fucker fucking fuck fuckers!

HittmanA and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  15. R4EVAELRM

R4EVAELRM Witch

Agreed, Leet is a bad service tricking poor kids to waste money on running a server which leet "accidentally" loses all data of.

16. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    :facepalm: Leet is overpriced. They cost more than the hosts that have even more functionality (and don't steal plugins, or charge you to bypass limits).

17. Eduardo

Eduardo Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xBeastMode
    While you pay leet $29.70 a month for hosting your sh*tty server I can pay a VPS for $15/month to create a fully customizable server with no limits.

Edit: damn, I'm really triggered. Won't touch this discussion again.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  18. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    How cheap it is for users has nothing to do with how developers' licenses are respected.

19. AffanStarPure

AffanStarPure Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    AffanStarPure
    I don't like leet server devop might try steal everything i worry about custom Enchanted plugin go on public leet too
    Wow this not good leet go more popular when have custom Enchanted plugin what we do?

20. SOFe

GitHub:
    sof3
    @MCPEChicken_ and @HimbeersaftLP have been banned from replying to this thread for 7 days, because

jasonwynn10 and notapplqpak like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.