1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Lagging Server

Discussion in 'Help' started by dadodasyra, Dec 16, 2019.

1. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    Hello everyone,
    I currently have PocketMine on a vps (8 Intel vCPU
    E5-2470, 16 GB RAM)

My server is a Faction, a classic. The only problem I'm not alone with is that no matter what's on the server, it lag, from 40 players it becomes unmanageable, the server load rises above 100% resulting in big rollback and a constant TPS of about 10 see less.

A former colleague who also had his server had exactly the same problem, dominating the French market on mobile his server had on average 50 players constantly (I have a little less but in rush hour I happen to have 80 players)

I tried to optimize as much as possible but what generates the most lag remains the worlds. My former colleague was a lot more talented than me at everything optimization and yet he was always limited.

So, is it possible to optimize the maps?
    Here is a timings of my server: https://timings.pmmp.io/?id=7039

Indeed there are many plugins but if I trust your system it indicates that the plugins occupies only 7% of the use of the server.

And last thing concerning the attachment (htop on debian) I was wondering if it is normal that there is as much instance of pocketmine on my vps (I have 2 active servers on it, the 1 st of which the I speak just above and the 2nd that never exceeds the 3 players) I checked the instances launches all at the same time I run my server.

Sorry for my English,
    Thanks to all responses

Attached Files:

2. Gianluxx

Gianluxx Slime

GitHub:
    Gianluxx
    Try removing ChestFinder plugin

3. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    You can press "t" to switch to tree view in htop which makes it more clear which processes belong to each other (however, sorting doesn't work properly anymore afterwards)

4. Fenek912

Fenek912 Creeper

GitHub:
    KMatuszak
    The problem may be this processor, it has a very low clock speed. For PMMP, higher clock speeds like 4.3GHz are better than many cores.

5. Gianluxx

Gianluxx Slime

GitHub:
    Gianluxx
    Look at the timings Fenek. he has laggy plugins. And that processor is fine for 50players and more

6. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    Whatever the 'Faction' entity is, it's taking up 50% of your TPS. Try optimizing that code to get the lag to stop. Also move tasks that especially block the main thread to an async task

7. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    Is it a world.

Sorry for the delay here is a htop screen with t.
    I changed in the meantime from vps I now have 'Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz' on nvme.
    Do you know a host with good processor?
    I've never seen a processor above this frequency.

I have already test without ChestFinder, the lags are the same.

Attached Files:

8. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    As you see, the many PocketMine instances are all children of the PocketMine process, so at least the question whether it's normal to have that many PocketMines in your process list is answered with yes.
    As for the performance thingy, please refer to the other people's answers.

9. dadodasyra

dadodasyra Witch

GitHub:
    dadodasyra
    All the plugins I have come either from poggit or from a competent private dev (unlike me).
    How reliable is the Scheduler Plugin?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.