1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Lag reduce for VPS

Discussion in 'Help' started by Epicrafter60, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Epicrafter60

Epicrafter60 Silverfish

Hello everyone.
    I have a server problem where the lag is real even with 3GB RAM, 13 maps and 13 plugins. I don't know why but I just really feel that the VPS is maybe the reason. Every time now, the server lags. We use 4 async workers and so I changed it to that but I'm not sure, so maybe that's the reason. Please help me out and find ways to stop lag as much as possible. We are currently hosting a SkyWars server and we are not sure what's the issue with it.

2. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Maybe it's your huge amount of maps, or maybe the internet connection for you or the VPS. Also, please don't duplicate threads.

3. RyanShaw

RyanShaw Witch

If your using the skywars plugin by svile it could definetely be that one causing lag if your using 13 maps. You may want to reduce your maps or upgrade your vps. If you think its the vps's fault you should run the server with an empty plugins folder to see.

4. instantlyta

instantlyta Slime

GitHub:
    intagaming
    Please checks with the Timings method: /timings on, wait after the lag wave ends, /timings paste and /timings off. There is an URL, post here to diagnose or you can do it yourself. If not then capture your Task Manager or something on Linux to see if your CPU is or is not overloaded.

Muqsit likes this.
  5. Epicrafter60

Epicrafter60 Silverfish

Here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/26467468/

6. Epicrafter60

Epicrafter60 Silverfish

7. RyanShaw

RyanShaw Witch

yeah its your skywars plugin :) The timer for it is being used alot with 13 maps up

8. Epicrafter60

Epicrafter60 Silverfish

How can I resolve this

9. kenygamer

kenygamer Banned Banned

GitHub:
    kenygamer
    Rewrite your plugins.

10. xXNiceAssassinlo YT

xXNiceAssassinlo YT Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    xXNiceYT
    Split the files.

11. xXNiceAssassinlo YT

GitHub:
    xXNiceYT
    I deleted my /timing command ...

12. instantlyta

instantlyta Slime

GitHub:
    intagaming
    Start multiple instance of PocketMine, each one runs only 2-3 maps. This will utilize all of your CPU. Be careful not to overload it as it will freeze your server on rush hours.

13. xXNiceAssassinlo YT

GitHub:
    xXNiceYT
    What does /timing does

14. instantlyta

instantlyta Slime

GitHub:
    intagaming
    It basically shows what takes up your Tick per Second (TPS) while your server is running. Allows /status at pocketmine.yml to see your server status including TPS.

15. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    you might try to disable sign.tick in the skywars config

16. Epicrafter60

Epicrafter60 Silverfish

Yes I have tried that, however, nothing much happened. SW_svile is still taking up 2,001% of my server's performance. It says interval 19, so should I change that repeating task to another interval? Without it causing problems with the countdown? Or is there someone who can help me rewrite that part of the code? thanks.

17. instantlyta

instantlyta Slime

GitHub:
    intagaming
    Successfully keeping your TPS = 20 means no lag. It all comes down to the poorly designed mechanism of the plugin, and without proper documentary, not much you can do. Split your server into multiple servers, make another plugin, or you can't.

xXNiceAssassinlo YT likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.