1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Is there any way to get pocketmine as normal as realms?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Soulwatcher, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Spider

I have a VPS with 2cpu 4GB of ram and 48GB SSD hard drive space and I am running pocketmine on it and spigot Minecraft and my website and everything runs fine except for one thing. Pocketmine is missing so many features that realms has.

Can you point me to plugins to make it as normal as realms or close to it as possible. I don't want to pay for realms and my vps too. But I want to get a Windows 10 server going for my Minecraft website. Because more and more people I know are leaving java for windows 10.

Thanks in advance
    Greg

2. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Spider

I am not trying to make anyone upset i am not trolling I just have no idea how pocketmine works so I am asking questions. I am sorry if I offended you.

3. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    You aren‘t offending anyone. Just keep in mind that this is a non profit organization.
    But as asterW10 pointed out https://github.com/RevivalPMMP/PureEntitiesX adds moving mobs&spawining. That should make survival playable at least. Redstone, the end/nether are some big things that probably won‘t be here soon.

4. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Spider

Thank you, I just had no idea how it worked and I didn't know the difference between the two.

5. MCPEChicken_

MCPEChicken_ Silverfish

GitHub:
    mcpechicken
    Minecraft - Java Edition

6. MC ATECH

MC ATECH Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    mcpeatech
    Pmmp could be set up with plugins to make the game handle and feel like a realms server. Furthermore it depends on what you want to do. If your wanting to make a realm like server then I would just recommend using realms. However, pmmp can a add a lot more unique plugins and features, e.g: more players, custom plugins and more effects and such but this is met with fallbacks such as the lack of working redstone.

7. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    I remember in the old old shoghicp times, there was a plugin which implemented redstone!

btw did shoghi make minecrafts pe realms software xp

8. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Spider

I would much rather play Pmmp then Realms or Java Minecraft. I just need it to function like realms, so please do point me in the right direction for mods to download and make it like realms. Because I know nothing about Pmmp.

9. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    well, what features do you still miss? There isn't an all-in-one soloution to make it like realms.
    So, I think you got mob spawning and AI now. Please tell use what you are still missing/wanting

10. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    If you want a full-featured vanilla server, I'm sorry to say you've come to the wrong place. You're better off with Realms in that case.

11. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Spider

I just wanted to thank you all and let you know your most kind. I ended up going with spigot 1.12.2 and using the steam overlay so that I can use a controller and that's as close as I can get to realms and running my own server.

I have this forum saved under my favorites and I will keep checking on your guys progress from time to time. And I just want to thank you guys for all your help one last time.

Leroy Whitten and HimbeersaftLP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.