1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Is it possible to host a server on Glitch?

Discussion in 'Help' started by cherryblossom, Jul 24, 2019.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Creeper

GitHub:
    cherryblossom000
    Hi,
    Is it possible to host a server on Glitch? I tried doing this but I couldn't connect (the server couldn't be found).

If you don't know, Glitch is basically where you can host apps for free. Also, if it matters, Glitch only opens the port 3000, so I configured the port in server.properties to 3000.

2. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    You can if Glitch supports PHP

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Creeper

GitHub:
    cherryblossom000
    I think it does. I've set it up a Node app (because that's the only thing I'm familiar with and I also have the logs sent to the client) to run the start script when the app launches. When I tried that though, I couldn't join because the server couldn't be located.

4. Wertzui123

Wertzui123 Spider

GitHub:
    wertzui123
    I already tryed out, just for fun, and it does work, but you don't have ftp acces, and I don't know the servers ip adress, so it isn't good. I think the subdoain, glitch gives you, works for the ip adress, but the ftp acces?

5. To clear things up, it will not work on Glitch.
    1. Glitch has really limited resources. You'd be lucky to get 5 players on at the same time.
    2. Glitch uses an HTTP load balancer so you won't be able to access your server even if it is running

If you want to host a server, I recommend you buy a 5$ droplet from DigitalOcean. Here's a promo code for one month free: https://m.do.co/c/b550e72432c8

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.