1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved Invalid Name?

Discussion in 'Help' started by StuntzCo, Feb 21, 2017.

1. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

[Note] Think this is client possibly not idk

Is there anyway to color names and join server without Invalid name error. I would like to do this for security purposes by making my name §bStuntzCo§f. Coloring my name makes it hard for someone to impersonate me and on top of that adding the §f at the end makes the end of the name colored white but there are no characters following my name making it impossible for someone to impersonate me unless they somehow knew i had §f at the end

[This is only for my personal server is there any way to make it work on my personal server]

2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    you should check out that name corrector
    you can forcefully remove invalid characters, but i dont know about adding invalid characters using game start packet(?)

StuntzCo likes this.
  3. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

my reason for this is just that I hate auth plugins. as a player having to register and all that crap is too time-consuming for me and honestly ill backup all my words so griefers and that stuff isnt much of a problem i just don't want impersonation of ops.
    I know it sounds stupid but honestly its such a small server I don't feel the need for an authentication system

4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    well, you could hack the core. But that's just too weird for this small requirement. Just write a plugin that asks on your acc for a pwd.

StuntzCo likes this.
  5. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

If you have read any of my other threads you would know how much of a noob i am in general :p
    you wouldn't want me blowing up the facepalm section that's just too much

6. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    Changing the color of a username won't really make your account more secure though. Assuming it is possible(Although I don't think it realistically is), Anyone would be able to color their name in-client and join with your username.

StuntzCo likes this.
  7. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

I know i don't care did u notice the §f at the end of my name is invisible to all player it would be nearly impossible to try to impersonate me because it would be impossible for other players to see §f at the end . about other players joining with colored names i could care less (more power to em

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    still what if someone join using your name on your IP with your CID?
    now what?
    yay you have been impersonated!

StuntzCo likes this.
  9. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

Well F**** (fudge count the letters I dare you)

Sometimes i just want to solve little problems and it becomes a giant mess and i just want to... *player suffocated in a wall*

I guess ill just install an auth plugin. Any recommendations?

10. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    HereAuth
    and maybe SimpleAuth

StuntzCo likes this.
  11. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

Thank you

12. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    It is, for everyone who looked at this thread xD

StuntzCo likes this.
  13. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

:p Idk if its good or bad but i trust people on this forum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.