1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Installing on Windows

Discussion in 'Help' started by Its_Joey_Yall, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

Hello,
    I've been trying to find a way to install PocketMine on Windows 10 with no success.
    I've tried using the start.cmd from the github and I've tried to start.sh but it doesn't allow me to run a .sh file for some odd reason. Is there any other way to install it?

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
  3. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

What program do I use to execute a .sh file?

4. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

I found out how to run the file, but it keeps flipping back and forth between 2 different PowerShells with a blank screen on both. Nothing happens but I have to close out with ALT+F4. Any help on how to get it to execute? I've installed both PHP 7 x64 and x86 files from https://bintray.com/pocketmine/PocketMine/Windows-PHP-Binaries/view#files and I've been following this guide: http://pmmp.readthedocs.io/en/rtfd/installation.html#installing-on-windows and it says "4. Make start.sh executable (chmod +x start.sh)". What does it mean by that?

5. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    .sh is for linux.

6. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    chmod +x is for linux. you may try to read the instructions for windows, not for linux.

7. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

I've gotten both PHP7 binary's and tried to run php.exe (which I assume I need to run) and only to have the error "The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." What am I suppose to do? I have the .phar as well.

8. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

I've also tried running start.cmd but it only opens and then closes immediately.

9. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    You do not run the php.exe. You need to put the folder called "bin" (and all of its contents) into the same folder as your PocketMine files. PocketMine takes care of the rest when you run the start.cmd.

Its_Joey_Yall likes this.
  10. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

I did that, but I still get the same error "The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Also, the start.cmd doesn't automatically close after launching it anymore if that's any useful info.

11. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Try deleting the bin folder and trying again. Could you please show me a screen shot of the window, and its erroe?

12. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

Here is the screenshot.

Attached Files:

13. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
  14. Its_Joey_Yall

Its_Joey_Yall Spider

15. InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    InspectorGadget
    No problem!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.