1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved How to edit PocketVote config?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by WinterBuild7074, Jun 8, 2017.

1. WinterBuild7074

WinterBuild7074 Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    I need help editing the PocketVote config. I don't understand a thing how to edit it.
    What does lock mean? What shall I exactly put in into here? run-cmd: []
    Can I have an example of a working config that I'll know how to edit it?

2. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
  3. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    How? On GitHub? On PocketVote.io?
    I'm really confused... can anyone give me an finished/working example config or tutorial video that I have an idea?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  4. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    Is there any Voting plugin for PocketMine?
    I think it's impossible for PocketVote too, but what voting plugin shall I use if there's none?

5. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    WinterBuild7074 likes this.
  6. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Hey, did you get this sorted out? I've been on a vacation and thus have not been completely up to date!

7. Thouv

Thouv Slime

GitHub:
    adeynes
    If you set lock to true, you won't be able to edit PocketVote's secret or identifier. run-cmd is an array of the commands that should run when a player votes (without the /)

ProjectInfinity likes this.
  8. WinterBuild7074

GitHub:
    winterbuild7074
    I found out that other servers were using VoteReward too. And if that plugin is working for them, it should work for my server too. I watched a YouTube tutorial for that plugin and it helped me. I only needed to download a file from Minecraft-PocketServers and put it into a folder.

9. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    VoteReward is abandoned as far as I know, if you're okay with it that's completely fine. Otherwise as the creator of PocketVote I am happy to help you join the ranks of the 558,000 other servers using PocketVote! :)

I am currently working on a config wizard that will guide you through making a configuration and at the end provide you with a config.yml file. It's actually not that difficult to set PocketVote up, but I totally get where you're coming from and I agree that I need to make it more clear what all the options really do.

Some other features PocketVote offers over the alternatives:
    • Automated solution, meaning you can receive votes even when the player isn't online or without them typing anything.
    • Support for running commands when players are online and offline.
    • Completely asynchronous (meaning no lag).
    • Built in link shortener for your vote link using MCPE.Guru, you can see an example of a (completely in-game managed) vote link site here: https://mcpe.guru/pi
    • Extensible, offers out of the box support for allowing third party plugins to listen to vote events.
    Another thing coming up soon is PocketVote will enhance other plugins, I have several plugins that can tie directly into PocketVote planned and I am actively working on one that I hope to release after the config wizard is completed.

10. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    An update on the configuration tool, does this seem understandable?

[​IMG]

11. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Just wanna let everyone know that the config wizard is now live. :) It's currently locked behind your account at https://pocketvote.io because it attempts to simplify the process even more by preloading configuration values like secret and identity when generating.

When logged in, click your servers list and you will see a new button called "Config Wizard". Enjoy! :)

Sandertv and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  12. Thouv

Thouv Slime

GitHub:
    adeynes
    It doesn't generate the config file when I click "generate"

13. ProjectInfinity

ProjectInfinity Witch

GitHub:
    projectinfinity
    Works fine for me on Edge and Chrome. Try to click in the middle of the button, see if that makes a difference.

What browser do you use?

Edit: Also confirmed that it works on Chrome for Android.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  14. Thouv

Thouv Slime

GitHub:
    adeynes
    It works by clicking the middle of the button, thx =P I guess I was clicking on the edge of it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.