How to do PlayerInteractEvent to an Spectator?

Discussion in 'Help' started by LewBr, Apr 16, 2018.

1. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    Hello, it is possible to register a InteractEvent with an item to an Spectator player? when i try to do that whit an player with gamemode 3 it doesn't works..

If not, how can i detect when a player change the selected number of slot? like index and then make some things when select that?

2. CortexPE

CortexPE Witch

GitHub:
    cortexpe
    you can detect item interaction on spectator mode with a separate packet handler... (re-inventing how pocketmine handles item interaction)

and for the second question, listen for PlayerItemHeldEvent.

3. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    PlayerItemHeldEvent works for players with gamemode 3? and how can i do exactly this separate packet handler?

4. CortexPE

CortexPE Witch

GitHub:
    cortexpe
    Yep.

Register an EventListener that listens for DataPacketReceiveEvent, Check if the packet is an instance of InventoryTransactionPacket, Check if the transaction type is `InventoryTransactionPacket::TYPE_USE_ITEM`, Check if the action type is `InventoryTransactionPacket::USE_ITEM_ACTION_CLICK_BLOCK` and you can finally do stuff from there...

LewBr likes this.
  5. LewBr

LewBr Zombie

GitHub:
    lewbr
    Thank you, it helps me a lot!

CortexPE likes this.
  6. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    I broke spectator-mode interaction events some time ago with a fix-all fix... I've been meaning to fix it properly for a while.

LewBr likes this.