1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

How to copy a world with MagicWE

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by MineCraftForChildren, Apr 16, 2018.

1. MineCraftForChildren

MineCraftForChildren Spider Jockey

Hi,

Another member suggested using MagicWE for a issue I have. I have a question for everyone;

How do you copy a world using MagicWE?
    Can it only copy small elements while in the world?
    Are there any commands that can be run to copy a world?

Thank You in advance.

M

2. HBIDamian

HBIDamian HBIDamian Staff Member

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    Use magicwe v2. ;)
    I believe (someone can correct me if I’m wrong) that it’ll work. :)

3. MineCraftForChildren

I did do some research and found 5 or 6 v2's, and was able to get one to install. My next roadblock was finding the right functions to copy a world. There's almost no documentation, or very lacking in detail in terms of how to use it.

4. HBIDamian

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
  5. MineCraftForChildren

Thanks. I did see this, but I can't find any reference to copying a world. Basic Google/YouTube searches brought me to that page, but anyone that mentions copying a world...no reference of how to do it.

6. HBIDamian

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
  7. MineCraftForChildren

LOL "BlockSniper is currently in need for some good examples! If you happen to be a youtuber, and want to show off the plugin, please do so and show what you can make with the plugin!"

There's no reference on how to copy a world. Either I'm not seeing it or I'm missing something. Both of them show references of cut and pasting items, but not copying a World. There has to be a known plugin or series of commands that seasoned MineCrafters have used....or is it not possible? I've read of plugins that people used when moving worlds, or converting from one PM format to another, but no one mentions how it's done.

8. HBIDamian

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    No need for a video. You wanted a wiki for MagicWE, you had one.
    BlockSniper is also a world editing plugin. I gave you the wiki for that. and you don't want it.

THe plugin is very simple. All you need is a brain to use it. :D

9. MineCraftForChildren

This is funny.

1. I didn't ask for a wiki page, and within the wiki page, what I need is not there
    2. I run a company that deal with software and have a family. Searching for answers takes time.
    3. I have clients and would never just tell them to look for the answers, especially with software they never used

I thought this would have been simple with someone saying to run command X,Y,Z and to get the job done. I run the server for my daughters. I don't spend a lot of time playing around with commands. We just play when we can and build things, and someone suggested copying the world. I just wanted to know how to do it to possibly fix an issue.

10. HBIDamian

GitHub:
    HBIDamian
    I have recorded a cringy video. It is late at night for me, and I didn't make a script to read off, so I stuttered a few times in this video, So excuse the video that I will post.
    It is about About 15 minutes remaining on uploading to youtube.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    MineCraftForChildren likes this.
  11. HBIDamian

GitHub:
    HBIDamian

What I forgot to mention in the video, is
    - that it DOES work going from one world to another.
    - If it doesn't copy correctly, type /undo , and it will disappear. Try mess around with the selected area until you get the correct results.

MineCraftForChildren likes this.
  12. MineCraftForChildren

Thank You, and Thank You for this. I guess maybe I didn't understand what was mentioned before, and or the comment made me believe a different process. I will try this out and let you know how it goes. I'm going to create a new world, and try to copy some of the things we want from the old world into the new world.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.