1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

How to anti hack money?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Groin, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

I am using Economy and I am wondering how to anti hack money?
    Lots of players in my server hacked and hacking money...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    It's that simple: No need to do it.

Money is handled server side, nobody can "hack" money unless they are OP or have access to the console.

However, there are people who create multiple accounts amd pay themselves, the simpliest way to block these would be creating a plugin that cancels the transfer if the account is younger than x days, still has the default money, and has the same IP

3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    no easy way out of this mess if i am begin honest,
    what IF there a shop selling 1 wood for 2 and a shop buying 2 planks for 2
    in these circumstances it is impossible to prevent exploitations if you are using a normal shop
    unless it's a player shop OR you are using some sort of shop that change price based on demand
    the server cant tell which money are "farmed"
    NOTE: I am NOT an economist
    one way is to stop spawning money like what bitcoin did, and only spawn money for the miners who did the dirty work
    one example would be to create another currency but you cant "earn" that currency unless you do "something" explicitly that cant be exploited ideally it would be proof of work like what bitcoin did but that's way too much effort for dev and players so a workable example would be something like pay server 2USD for each 1 virtual currency and allow player to cash it out as 1USD for 1 virtual currency, this pins your currency to USD in some rates which should help you control the "value" of it

AFAIK not so easy EconomyAPI has a very big hassle, some transactions are send with a FORCE flag which meant you cant just cancel things

HimbeersaftLP and Muqsit like this.
  4. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

I thought it is "hack" because a lot of players have hacked money for a short time. About 1 ~ 5 minutes.
    Default money is $10 but players can hack from $0 to $200.000.000. It's a big money with my server! There are 2 players has $200.000.000 in my server (no hack) and 1 players has $100.000.000. I don't think them can pay with many account.
    I didn't make any sell shop. But I made /sell command. I sure that players can't farm money by that way.
    Hummm.... This is a big problem with me.

5. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

Oh... I just had an idea. Players didn't hack money. Players hacked items by a way. Ex: After players got lots of diamonds by hacking, players will sell it. Hummm.... I just had a REAL problem: How to anti hack items???
    Sorry!

6. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    hm, so the only way to earn money is /sell?
    how do you spend money then?
    they cant directly hack items BUT they can do a Xray for diamonds OR try some sort of dupe glitch

7. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

You know my server is prison so players can't find diamond if they hasn't perms ! Because they can't enter diamond mine.
    I sure that they can hack items because I am playing in my server as a new player. A players given my lots of diamond blocks. He is A rank!!! And the diamond mine just has about 30 diamonds...

8. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Player can't hack items or anything server sided. Easy way to understand this, is to think about this way:

You're playing a poker game with some other players and one man, who is not playing, at the table is Poker dealer. The Poker dealer in this case is the Server and players are (obviously) players. Why you can't change one of your cards with other card from other deck? Because Poker dealer knows all cards on table and in the deck.

9. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    There's this thing called an Xray resource pack. It modifies the textures allowing players to look through some of those.

10. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

Only have perms to join diamond mine. Or you mean XRay texture pack can glitch?

11. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

How ?

12. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

I need any answer.
    If players didn't hack what about if they using ToolsBox ? How to anti it? Aww, I had many problem in this month

13. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    how what?
    i need my answer too!!

14. Groin

Groin Baby Zombie

Aww. I don't know why how to change one of my cards as you said ?

15. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i dont think you get it, it's a metaphor in some sense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.