1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

How do I setup permissions for a prison server?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by Devin, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Devin

Devin Witch

Hi!
    I am currently undertaking to make a prison server and I have NO CLUE how I can setup permissions for it.
    Here is how the players get to the mine:
    There are signs that warps them to their mine. I know that there isn't an "EssentialsEX" on Pocketmine so I really don't know what to do. Do I setup permissions in pureperms like: essentials.command.warps.A essentials.warps.B and so on? anyways, I am overall very confused about setting up permissions for a prison server.

2. Aericio

Aericio Slime

GitHub:
    aericio
    What sign warp plugin are you using?

If you are using EssentialsPE, then you will need:
    - essentials.sign.use.warp (allow normal players to use warp signs. default: op)
    - essentials.warp.use.[warpname] (allows players to warp to a specific warp. default: true, but false. You can use /warp command, but you will need permissions to go to the actual warps I believe.)

Check here for a list of permission nodes.

It's not recommended that you use EssentialsPE, however. Many things are broken there, and it is no longer being maintained. You should consider using another plugin that is specifically for warps. EssentialsPE is not liked by many devs here, I'm sure someone else could give an explanation as to why :p

3. Devin

Devin Witch

Yeah but to be honest, that’s the best choice I have because I have tried using essentialsTP but it’s so BROKENED!!! So if I warp using /warp <warp name> it will warp me then teleport me to the server’s main spawn! It’s so brokened idk if it’s me server or just the plugin it’s self.

4. Aericio

Aericio Slime

GitHub:
    aericio
  5. Devin

Devin Witch

Good idea!
    Also I would like to say thanks for the help!
    There is still one problem though.
    I set up the Permissions in PurePerms but it still won’t work. I check the uppercases and smaller cases but they are all the EXACT same. It just says “You do not have permission to use this sign”. I did this:
    - essentials.sign.use.warp.A
    - essentials.warp.use.A
    Still dosent have permission.
    Hope fully I can fix this. I will keep on tinkering with this.

6. Aericio

Aericio Slime

GitHub:
    aericio
    Ah, sorry. I forgot that they were kind of different.

You will only need "essentials.warps.(name)" and "essentials.sign.use.warp" I think.

7. Provsnoobgaming

Provsnoobgaming Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    provsalt
    I will rather use slapper instead of signs
    pureperms has a command where you type fperm <plugin-name> and you will find your permissions to add in
    example fperm economyapi

8. Devin

Devin Witch

Ohhhhhh ok thx Aericio I’ll test it out. Thanks again. Ya I probably should use slapper but...... I like to use signs.
    Also, probably not slapper imma use the another NPC plugin where the command is ran as the player.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.