1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

how can i use my usb for server only?

Discussion in 'Help' started by MrJackx5, May 16, 2020.

1. MrJackx5

MrJackx5 Spider

i am wanting to make a pocketmine server on my computer using the application so i bought a 32gb usb drive i want to know how to make the application use ONLY the usb i bought

reposting because no one likes to help when 28 people viewed my post

2. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    PocketMine only uses the folder it is installed it. It does not set any registry keys or create any files in AppData or somewhere else on your system.

I might however want to add that putting it on a USB flash drive is a bad idea because they are not meant for continuous writing (like log files, worlds and player data) and might corrupt your world and or player data if used for a long time. Why would you want to do that anyways?

I just want to add that I did not reply because you reposted your question, I would have replied to the old thread aswell. In fact, I almost decided not to reply because of that attitude, but I did anyways because I believe everyone should get an answer to their question.

GamakCZ likes this.
  3. MrJackx5

MrJackx5 Spider

also if i host from computer does it use my ram i have left on it?

4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Where else do you expect it to occupy the RAM? In the air?

5. MrJackx5

MrJackx5 Spider

bro wtf..... not cool.... ive never used pocketmine on my computer before...... reported............

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  6. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    lmao, this is basic computer stuff, nothing todo with PocketMine

Taylarity and Provsnoobgaming like this.
  7. Provsnoobgaming

Provsnoobgaming Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    provsalt
    lmao imagine reporting something small like this.

so you expect your server to work without a cpu?

also using your usb drive?Get ready for it to be toasted lol.Running my xubuntu live usb makes it go 70°C

8. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Why are you concerned about PocketMine using your RAM?
    You can restrict the server RAM usage at pocketmine.yml.
    If your system already has more than enough RAM, why does it matter that PocketMine uses your remaining RAM?
    As far as I know, there is no way for a program to run only using a hard drive as memory.
    If this was possible, at best, doing so would bring your program as like at least 100 times slower than usual. But even if it could, the data are probably still copied onto the CPU caches. Even if they don't, they are still copied into your CPU registers. What are you even bothered about?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.