1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

How can I translate a plugin ?

Discussion in 'Facepalm' started by CreeperMonster, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreeperMonster

CreeperMonster Slime

GitHub:
    CreeperMonster
    Anyone know how can I edit or translate plugins ? what apps do I need to use ?

2. [deleted]

[deleted] Guest

You mean, how to translate it automatically, right? If not, you can unphar the File (if its a .phar) at DevTools . After that go to the src
    and open the classes. Now, if you understand a bit PHP, you´ll see the strings with the message in it. Now, just edit the messages.

3. CreeperMonster

CreeperMonster Slime

GitHub:
    CreeperMonster
    Yeah I understand some of it

$player->sendMessage(TextFormat::GREEN."Hi my name is CreeperMonster.");

4. [deleted]

[deleted] Guest

Yes. You can change the message in the class.

5. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Or, better, fork the repository on github, add a language config file, replace all message strings with references to the config file, and submit a PR to the original plugin.

corytortoise likes this.
  6. CreeperMonster

CreeperMonster Slime

GitHub:
    CreeperMonster
    Ok thanks,How mark it solved ?

7. ICU

ICU Silverfish

I heard that they store your phars so I wouldn't use it unless you don't want them to steal your work

8. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    if they dont store it you cant download your phar

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  9. ICU

ICU Silverfish

But like... Forever and it's public also

10. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    I doubt it. It probably expires after some time. You can't just take those phars either, and do you REALLY think they'll retrieve them ALL and see if there's cool plugins among them to steal?

11. ICU

ICU Silverfish

Probably not but if someone finds where they store them they could because it's not protected...

12. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    And you can magically see that in your crystal ball? Please, don't just think they have the worst protection possible. By the time you manage to 'hack' into their database the file would probably be deleted anyways. Don't spread nonsense plz.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  13. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    They are protected and get deleted after a few hours, also Ad5001 is a trustable person, he would never just sell or leak those plugins.

Sandertv likes this.
  14. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    https://github.com/pmt-mcpe-fun/zip2phar/blob/master/convert.php#L102
    According to this, you can't really "guess" the filename and download it externally. However, no promises they won't open it themselves.
    (To be honest, I did this too with pmt.mcpe.me two years ago... I might not be such a "trustable" person, you know, nobody knows if they open it internally)
    Of course, all this is just theory. In the end, my answer is, make your plugin open-source, or someone will leak your plugins eventually (ref: lbsg), unless they're too bad that nobody else wants to use (see https://github.com/LegionPE, high-quality working plugins, nobody ever tried to use them despite them being open-source simply because it's too sophisticated to be copied)

Anyway, this thread is going entirely off-topic, and I'm locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.