1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved Higher view distant (Vanilla PMMP or MOD)

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by ALLINSEO, Mar 16, 2017.

1. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

hello I was wondering if there was a way to make the view distance higher then 20 whether by plugin or just changing some advanced settings.

I am using a world generating plugin but it only generates the parts of the world that is being viewed, having a much higher view distance would help when generating alot so not having to move as much.

I am on localhost and ram should not be a problem.

2. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Adjust view-distance in server.properties to your desired value.

3. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

it maxes out at 20 no matter what I set it to it automatically reverts.

increasing tick speed would also accomplish what I want.
    is there anyway to do that?

4. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    it shouldn't max at 20, it's uncapped. If you're using official PocketMine-MP, you can set it as high as you like. My current is 56. (Win10 is crazy.)

Common mistake: make sure you shut down the server BEFORE editing server.properties. Otherwise the server will overwrite your changes when it shuts down.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  5. ALLINSEO

ALLINSEO Baby Zombie

Thank you, its really nice to hear from the actual team on the forums only been using pocketmine for about a week still learning how it functions

dktapps likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.