1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Higher memory consumption for PMMP server

Discussion in 'Help' started by Neerdex, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Neerdex

Neerdex Spider

How to allow higher memory consumption for pocketmine server?
    My server PC have 32gb RAM.
    Php.exe process using only 200-300mb RAM and Pocketmine server console shows low TPS and 100% LOAD. And of course i have lags on my server. So how to increase memory consumption (like example 10-16gb) and can it helps with my PM server perfomance?

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Wtf?
    PMMP uses as much RAM as it needs. And it doesn‘t need much RAM. Having 32GB is useless. You are having lags because your processor is overloaded. To get rid of lags, you need to get a better processor (4,7GHZ per core would be best!)

3. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    You don't really need that much RAM unless you are caching very large arrays or way too heavy objects.
    Go for faster and more CPUs.

4. Neerdex

Neerdex Spider

But i have Xeon 4 cores 3.17 GHz and my server php.exe process using only 13% CPU and 300mb RAM right now with 100% LOAD and 8 TPS in console. What is this?

5. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    Poorly written plugins. Background processes.

NickTehUnicorn likes this.
  6. Neerdex

Neerdex Spider

No, main system perfomance:
    Used 13%CPU
    Used 4,5gb RAM
    But server cant use more sytem resources and have low TPS and Load 100% + lags on server... It's a totaly core problem i think.

I just try to allow PMMP core for using more system resources.

7. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    That's strange, does it happen without plugins? And how many players were on the server when the server started to overload?

8. Neerdex

Neerdex Spider

10-20 players and 100% Load with mobs from PureEntitiesX

9. QuiverlyRivalry

QuiverlyRivalry Zombie Pigman

GitHub:
    quiverlyrivalry
    Yeah lol blame pure entities x

10. Neerdex

Neerdex Spider

Why i cant share more system resources from system to the pmmp core for better perfomance? I really cant understand this moment!

11. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    Yup, that's it. There are only a handful of mob AI handling plugins that deal with packets efficiently. There's still a possibility that the one in charge of that plugin has exceptionally great system specs, so packet sending/receiving/compressing takes little to no time and that's why they do not experience any sort of "lag" while they're at it, developing.

So, does your server runs smoothly at around 20 TPS without PureEntitiesX?

12. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    isnt there a memory hardlimit on pocketmine.yml?

13. Neerdex

Neerdex Spider

Sure! Without mobs i have 20 TPS

No effect. I set all types of memory to 16000mb and i still consume only 300mb with 100% load.

I think its very stupid moment in pocketmine core.

14. Neerdex

Neerdex Spider

Guys, just answer me please: how i can solve this problem with powerfull PC and good internet?

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  15. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Well if it still only comsumes 300mb than that's all it needs.
    Have you tried running a derver with no plugins at all? Are there any background processes running?

Thunder33345 likes this.
  16. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    it will take what it needs
    just like how if someone was hungry in a buffet, they will eat whatever they need,
    and will stop when they are full
    just because they didnt eat means they are wasting it
    just because you over filled yourself on a buffet dosent mean it's good for you or helps you
    try running ticks and see what's bogging your server down and delete/improve that plugin

17. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    this is not strange at all. You probably have 8 Threads (4core cpu) and pmmp only uses 1 thread for most things. That's called HyperThreading. That means pmmp can only use ~12,5% of your CPU. Check for bad plugins which do expensive shit in the main thread.
    Also, keep in mind that pmmp isn‘t actually using 12.5%, it‘s using 25%. The display is ‚wrong‘.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.