1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

help

Discussion in 'Help' started by padrone, Jan 23, 2017.

1. padrone

padrone Witch

GitHub:
    padreon
  2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    try using a non root user,
    like makeuser notroot sudo notroot
    do that again
    OR if you know what you are doing use -r

EdwardHamHam and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Silverfish

4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    While you can do that, it's highly discouraged. You should never run any thing as root, as that allows programs to change (or even break) the system. Instead, you should run PocketMine as a user without root access like @Thunder33345 suggested. The root user should only be used to make system modifications.

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  5. Magicode

Magicode Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    magicode1
    Also, a more descriptive title would be nice. :)

I saw this and thought it was something completely different (One of the other billion 'Help' threads).

Putting maybe a snippet of the error (In this Case Maybe: "Root User Error" or "Program Running as Root") would greatly help others to give you aid for your problem. Since your thread is posted in the "Help" section of the forums, we assume that is what you need ;)

Like what was said before, this is very dangerous. You never want to run something random from the internet with -r. That gives it access to ALL of your files, and potentially break your system. (I made that mistake once, bad idea. Bricked my system. Good thing it was a Raspberry Pi :b )

HimbeersaftLP and EdwardHamHam like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.