1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Hello after 3 years

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by A1narchy, Feb 23, 2017.

1. A1narchy

A1narchy Shog Chips

Sorry guys its been 3 years and everything has changed...so much info to sort and search just tell me straight..is it possible to run a pocketmine server nowadays on my pc using the port forward option (even better if can use my website url instead of an ip)for the latest mcpe (using xbox live logins) I have a realms but it doesnt have spawn protection. I would also love to host at most 20 players and perhaps just re-create the fun I had playing in certain ip servers 3-4 years ago. Please be nice I know I can probably search but seriously been reading for hours and my eyes are popping out...thank you!

jasonwynn10 and SOFe like this.
  2. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

Yes, it is. The devs even have it working on 1.0.3 https://poggit.pmmp.io/ci/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/~?branch=master that's the link to the latest phar. you'll need to have PHP 7 installed on your system. heres the link to how to install on windows. http://pmmp.readthedocs.io/en/rtfd/installation.html#installing-on-windows. youll need the proper binaries.

also spawn protection you can set to as much as you want and you can have as many people as your pc can handle.

[note] you can use your domain for the server if u have like a dyn dns or something it should work

A1narchy likes this.
  3. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    If you want to use your websites address, than you can do so by creating a sub domain, (such as play.yourdomain.com- although it can be anything) and creating an A record on the sub domain that points to your server's IP address. You can do this easily if your domain provider comes with DNS, or by getting DNS services from CloudFlare.

A1narchy, StuntzCo and HimbeersaftLP like this.
  4. A1narchy

A1narchy Shog Chips

Omg thats GREAT news! I shall tinker with this when I get home from work!

5. A1narchy

A1narchy Shog Chips

Thank you again! I cant wait to get home from work and begin the process.

6. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    No problem:). But keep in mind though, that even after you create the DNS record, it may take a while for it to work (usually no more than a day for me).

A1narchy likes this.
  7. StuntzCo

StuntzCo Baby Zombie

A1narchy likes this.
  8. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Depends on your host, at mine it works just in a matter of seconds

EdwardHamHam and A1narchy like this.
  9. A1narchy

A1narchy Shog Chips

Yeah I couldnt find a video tutorial because I am using windows...actually I remember before on my old laptop I actually had to run virtualbox with Ubuntu so I guess I will try that..again....its kinda slowly coming back to me though.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  10. Pocketart

Pocketart Spider

Is lifeboat still trying to monopolize the pocket edition server market?

11. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    by that you mean?
    well there's other server but they are kind of the mega large ones

12. A1narchy

A1narchy Shog Chips

Theres also a mineplex for mcpe and various leet servers that run by donations to the server. They keep up with updates so thats good BUT main problem is so many hacker as the game is easily hackable via particular apps I shall not name here. This makes the game completely unfair especially if you dontate or purchase vip kits. Yet kids are playing by the thousands. Theres no system for banning hackers otherwise it would be chaos......

13. Pocketart

Pocketart Spider

By hackers do you mean people who use inventory editors and fly modes etc? or are you talking about somebody using kali to modify the server files?

14. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    probs modders,
    in this community people like to call modders hacker, like they deserved THAT level of respect which they obviously dont

15. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Yeah, the only ones who actually "hack" anything are the ones who make the mods. They actually have to hack around the linitations of the Minecraft client. People who just use the mods are just modders.

I think the reason why they're generally called hackers, is because in Minecraft PC, a lot (but not all) of the more serious hackers actually develop and fix their own (there are even servers made specifficly for hackers to test there hacks with NoCheatPlus). I know this from learning about which cheat protection to use on my server. This isn´t really the case with Minecraft PE, as though most modders just use publicly avaible mods. I guess that the term "hacker" just stuck between Minecraft editions, at least that's my guess anyway.

16. XdmingXD

XdmingXD Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    xdmingxd
    Not wanting to dump old thread,but I really want to know how do you add a ddns? (Pls pm me thx)
    I use NoIP for my ddns but its has to be like "NAME".ddns.net or others at the back of the IP
    How do I make a fully ddns (IP)? :D Like abso.awfawf.net

17. Thunder33345

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    you should be able to go to awfawf.net DNS manager and point abso with a A record to your IP

18. Pocketart

Pocketart Spider

you mean you want the ddns to look something like this?
    Code:
    play.yourservername.com
    if you want to change the middle part of your ddns then you might have to spend some cash

19. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Not necessarily, you can just use Cloud Flare. It lets you use your own domain for free, unlike NoIP, which makes you pay to be able to.

20. Pocketart

Pocketart Spider

I don't think he has his own domain at this point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.