1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Ge*isys

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Junkdude, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Junkdude

Junkdude Zombie

GitHub:
    JunkDaCoder
    Worth a shot I guess. Would it be possible for the PMMP team to import *some* of this spoons features? I know they weren't 100% stable, but could the pmmp clean them up a bit and add them?

2. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    I think the PM team has the mentality that they don't want to copy paste like the spoons did. Genisys is a huge mess, and it just wouldn't be recommended to use the code from it. It's better to inplement something flawless at once instead of having to work with the same mess over and over again.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    EdwardHamHam, dktapps and Keith like this.
  3. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
    The team (specifically Dylan) has stated that they don't want to implement too many new features due to the planning of a rewrite. The more they add to the current version is more time wasted, they want to get 1.0 somewhat stable so they can begin rewriting everything and then add new features. If they add a heap of features before the rewrite they'll just have to do everything again and as @Sandertv said, they don't want to copy low quality code from spoons.

dktapps, Muqsit and Sandertv like this.
  4. Junkdude

Junkdude Zombie

GitHub:
    JunkDaCoder
    Ah, thank you for your inputs

5. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    import does not meant to copy the spoon's code but to actually add the feature
    but i assume the team will have higher priority to catch up with the updates before these will be ever added in place

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.