1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Full video tutorial on how to make a plugin

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Gold, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Gold

Gold Silverfish

GitHub:
    goldcodes
    Hi,
    Can anyone make a FULL tutorial on how to make a plugin with everything anyone could ever need to make a plugin? There are old tutorials that aren't finished on youtube and they are OUTDATED. So they are basicly useless. I know that people are making wikis and websites on how to make plugins, but why don't you make a youtube tutorial? I do now the basics of coding in HTML, CSS, and JAVA.

P.S. DO IT FOR ALL THE NOOBS OUT THERE

2. Jack Noordhuis

Jack Noordhuis Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    JackNoordhuis
  3. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    I don't understand why you want a video. You only need videos when you want to look at how people use software. You don't use videos to watch people write software. It is actually much easier to learn by reading than listening.

In case anyone objects, please read this in English (C++ code):
    Code:
    x = **q_x + *dy_pr * (*m_pq * **r_x + **r_y - *m_pq * **q_x - **q_y) / (**r_x + *dy_pr * *m_pq - **p_x);

4. JackboyPlay

JackboyPlay Spider

GitHub:
    JackboyPlay
    I learned it so: I've edited another plugins and added more stuff and if I think I'm good enough I started my own plugin with the knwolegde from the other plugin!
    Ps: This way is only good if you are smart enough to edit things

5. xBeastMode

xBeastMode Shog Chips

I made two videos but I don't speak in it.

o_O
    Yeah, because in a video you might not catch what they're saying. And by the way those in C++ are pointers and pointers to pointers for people who want to know. xD

6. Gold

Gold Silverfish

GitHub:
    goldcodes
    Great point XD

7. Dog2puppy

Dog2puppy Slime

GitHub:
    colesquared
    +1
    I find it much easier reading. Some people have bad recorders so you can't read the code. $this->cow might look like $thia->caw

8. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

For most of people the visual memory is kept inside subconscious. I learn very well by receiving both visual and audio inputs together. We are not the same :)

9. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    That's why I said it is good to use videos for learning how to use tools. But if you are learning programming, it is an art of high-order thinking, and this is not something that you can achieve just by watching other people do it. You can't know what people are thinking through a video - at least, not with current technology.
    More precisely: assign the de-reference of de-reference of pointer to pointer to a float q-x added with the de-reference of the pointer to a float dy-PR multiplied by blah blah blah... to a float x.
    I only named the first three variables appearing in that line :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.