1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Floating text bug

Discussion in 'Development' started by Harviy11, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Harviy11

Harviy11 Baby Zombie

When I add FloatingTextParticle in level by name spawn it add in all worlds.. Bug?

2. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i think it is a client sided bug
    maybe you need to somehow tell the client that the particle have despawned

3. TrixZSlow

TrixZSlow Spider Ban Evader

Use EntityTeleportEvent ;)

4. Harviy11

Harviy11 Baby Zombie

can you please send me code?

5. TrixZSlow

TrixZSlow Spider Ban Evader

Please Learn API....

6. Harviy11

Harviy11 Baby Zombie

7. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    FloatingTextParticle doesn't exist in the client at all. It must not be a client issue.

Actually, FloatingTextParticle really sucks.

Thunder33345 likes this.
  8. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    I have a work around for this. You have to get PlayerLevelChangeEvent and make the FTPs invisible for the players that are not in it's level

SOFe likes this.
  9. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Polo1K @ LEET calls them "holograms", which I gotta say is a much cooler name than FTP. FTP is an entity, it won't despawn. You have to despawn it manually.

Explanation:
    FTP is in fact an invisible entity with a nametag. In some spoons this is an invisible player, others it's an item entity. Regardless, the server does not track it the same as it tracks other entities, so when you switch worlds (which the client doesn't know you can do) the FTP will still be there. Your only current solution is to track FTPs when they are spawned and despawn them from players when they switch worlds.

Spam of this is likely to get you banned if you continue. If there isn't already something in the README for this forum that disallows this, there should be. If everyone just hands you pre-done code, how will you learn? Learn to use your own brain instead of asking others to use theirs for you.

TrixZSlow, imYannic, KUBIXQ and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.