1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

EssentialsPE warp to world with spaces in name

Discussion in 'Plugin Help' started by TuxerP, May 23, 2017.

1. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

Couldn't find this issue in the forum, so creating a new Thread.

I have imported a world in pmmp. This went fine and the world loades ok, but when I try to warp to this world with the "world" command from the essentialspe plugin I cannot specify a world name with spaces in it.

One thing I could do is rename the world, but then I also have to edit the level.dat file in order to let pmmp load the world in a correct way without loading it as a new world.

Or I have to find out how to warp to a world with spaces in the name.

Things I tried:
    - name with " "
    - name with ' '
    - world folder name and world name in the start.sh output differ, so tryed both

Nothing worked.

2. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Hi @TuxerP!
    The world command from EssentialsPE currently only accepts one parameter. Spaces don't work. I would like to recommend you to either edit the folder name of the world, and the name inside of the level.dat with an nbt editor. If you don't feel like doing this with a nbt editor, you could use the ManyWorlds plugin and do /mw fixname to change the NBT name to the folder name.

3. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

Alright. I was already suspecting such a thing :). I'll use the ManyWorlds plugin since that looks like the fastes way to fix this. Thx for you're fast response!!

Sandertv likes this.
  4. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

Very cool @Sandertv!!! This worked like a charm. Stopped pmmp, renamed the folder. Then started pmmp again and then did a "mw fixname FunWorld". This triggered the level.dat fix and then I could use the EssentialsPE "world" command to warp to the world. Thx.

Hmmm, something for an FAQ or tutorial section xD???

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  5. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Glad it worked for you! :)
    Quite a nice idea :D

6. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    still supporting spaces wouldnt be a bad idea like "world with ton of spaces"
    that's how windows handle things that has spaces in it

jasonwynn10 and Sandertv like this.
  7. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    @Sandertv maybe you can make underscores represent spaces in world/folder names, but that would make underscores in names unusable...

8. TuxerP

TuxerP Silverfish

Lots of maps are named with spaces in the world name and level.dat file. Linux does something with an escape charater like "Fun\ World\ V1.0.1" when there are spaces in a name. I don't know how php handles this in variable names.

9. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    No it doesnt.

Code:
    # Incorrect
    cp My Folder destination

# Correct
    cp "My Folder" destination 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.