1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Error when i try to set the ChatFormat

Discussion in 'Development' started by Jonas, May 20, 2017.

1. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

I tried to set the default group from pureperm when a player is a config, but it comes an error. Here is my Code with that i tried to set the Chatformat:
    PHP:
    $event->setFormat(PurePerms::getDefaultGroup());
    Here is the error:
    Code:
    [Server]
    [Server] Deprecated: Non-static method _64FF00\PurePerms\PurePerms::getDefaultGroup() should not be called statically in /storage/emulated/0/PocketMine/plugins/Nick/src/UniverseNick/JonasGehtMitte/Nick.php on line 181
    [Server] [PocketMine] [13:11:16] CRITICAL> Could not execute task UniverseNick\JonasGehtMitte\Refresh: Using $this when not in object context
    [Server] [PocketMine] [13:11:16] CRITICAL> Error: "Using $this when not in object context" (EXCEPTION) in "/PurePerms.phar/src/_64FF00/PurePerms/PurePerms" at line 332

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. Lowkey

Lowkey Slime

Line 332?

3. falk

falk Slime Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    falkirks
    getDefaultGroup is not a static method, so that should be
    PHP:
    $event->setFormat($server->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PurePerms")->getDefaultGroup());
    assume $server is an instance of \pocketmine\Server

You may want to read further on static methods at https://secure.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.static.php.

jasonwynn10 and SOFe like this.
  4. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

Thx, but it doesnt change my Rang Admin etc. To Guest

5. falk

falk Slime Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    falkirks
    :facepalm: Yes, because it is just getting the default group, not the group of the user.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  6. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

How can i make this?

7. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    PHP:
    $event->setFormat($server->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PurePerms")->getUserDataMgr()->getGroup($event->getPlayer()));

8. Keith

Keith Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    k3ithos
    You typed two "->" after getPlugin() :p

0x15f likes this.
  9. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    my bad :p

10. 0x15f

0x15f Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    0x15f
    AnD ThAt's WhY Y0u Sh0UlD NeVeR UsE ThE PmMP c0De Ed1T0r t0 Wr1tE C0De

[deleted] and jasonwynn10 like this.
  11. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

When i use this then comes an error. The -> behind the getPlugin() have i deleted. And i have wrote in my Plugin use pocketmine\IPlayer;
    Code:
    [Server] [PocketMine] [09:03:59] CRITICAL> "Could not pass event 'pocketmine\event\player\PlayerChatEvent' to 'Nick v1.0.1': Argument 1 passed to _64FF00\PurePerms\data\UserDataManager::getGroup() must implement interface pocketmine\IPlayer, string given, called in /storage/emulated/0/PocketMine/plugins/Nick/src/UniverseNick/JonasGehtMitte/Nick.php on line 168 on UniverseNick\JonasGehtMitte\Nick
    [Server] [PocketMine] [09:03:59] CRITICAL> TypeError: "Argument 1 passed to _64FF00\PurePerms\data\UserDataManager::getGroup() must implement interface pocketmine\IPlayer, string given, called in /storage/emulated/0/PocketMine/plugins/Nick/src/UniverseNick/JonasGehtMitte/Nick.php on line 168" (EXCEPTION) in "/PurePerms.phar/src/_64FF00/PurePerms/data/UserDataManager" at line 56

12. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    Read the error. It's soo clear. Here, let me rephrase the error.
    You provided argument 1 for getGroup() as a string while it should've actually been IPlayer::class.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  13. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

So?
    PHP:
    $this->getServer()->getPluginManager()->getPlugin("PurePerms")->getUserDataMgr()->getGroup();

14. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

PHP:
    ...->getGroup(IPlayer $nick);

15. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    PHP:
    ...->getGroup(Server::getInstance()->getOfflinePlayer("playername"));

16. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

why getOfflinePlayer()? And i got the same error when i replace "playername" to $nick

17. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    what was the error?

Muqsit likes this.
  18. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    getOfflinePlayer() returns IPlayer. I wouldn't recommend using getPlayer() or getPlayerExact() as it would return Player(which implements IPlayer) only if the player was online.

And we don't know what $nick is.

19. Jonas

Jonas Baby Zombie

Code:
    [Server] [PocketMine] [16:59:08] CRITICAL> "Could not pass event 'pocketmine\event\player\PlayerChatEvent' to 'Nick v1.0.1': Argument 1 passed to _64FF00\PurePerms\PurePerms::setGroup() must implement interface pocketmine\IPlayer, string given, called in /storage/emulated/0/PocketMine/plugins/Nick/src/UniverseNick/JonasGehtMitte/Nick.php on line 168 on UniverseNick\JonasGehtMitte\Nick
    [Server] [PocketMine] [16:59:08] CRITICAL> TypeError: "Argument 1 passed to _64FF00\PurePerms\PurePerms::setGroup() must implement interface pocketmine\IPlayer, string given, called in /storage/emulated/0/PocketMine/plugins/Nick/src/UniverseNick/JonasGehtMitte/Nick.php on line 168" (EXCEPTION) in "/PurePerms.phar/src/_64FF00/PurePerms/PurePerms" at line 659
    [Server] [PocketMine] [16:59:08] INFO> [Developer] Guest | Serus Haralain > a

20. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    It was answered.
    getOfflinePlayer() doesn't mean you can't get an online player. If the player is online, getOfflinePlayer() returns the online player.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.