1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Downloading and setting up MySQL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wizard223, May 1, 2017.

1. wizard223

wizard223 Silverfish

I never used MySQL database before and I recently found out about it and I would like to store my server data on it... I also need it for skyblock plugin!
    I dont really know where to download it and how to set it up...
    I found this page > www.mysql.com and I downloaded mysql and there is a lot of products in the installer to choose but there is no database...
    I also browsed a lot of forums about this but I did not find the right answer!

Can anyone help me download mysql database and set it up please?

2. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    The first option...
    upload_2017-5-1_21-57-38.png

3. wizard223

wizard223 Silverfish

I downloaded that... There is 5 setup types now...
    Developer default, Server only, Client only, Full, Custom
    Which one do I choose?

4. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    If you don't have any of them, maybe full?

5. wizard223

wizard223 Silverfish

Ill try that one

6. wizard223

wizard223 Silverfish

Ive choosen full and now it was asking me to install python... So I installed it and restarted the download and it still says its not installed

7. Croc

Croc Creeper

GitHub:
    crock
    If you are setting up a Pocketmine server on your personal computer/network, then the easiest way to get MySQL running is using XAMPP.
    Once that is installed, start the Mysql server from the XAMPP control panel.

8. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    Why do you recommend a web server to someone who merely wants a MySQL server...

I don't remember exactly how I installed MySQL on Windows. But I can tell you that MySQL client and MySQL server are musts.

After you have installed, if it is on Windows, you can find it installed in Program Files\MySQL\mysql-[version-name], which contains a `bin` folder with the executables. mysqld.exe will start the server while mysql.exe can be executed from command line to connect to the database (to setup things like schemas for your plugins)

9. EdwardHamHam

EdwardHamHam Skeleton

GitHub:
    edwardhamham
    Are you on Windows or Linux?

10. Croc

Croc Creeper

GitHub:
    crock
    Because I personally know XAMPP and WAMP have easy setups with no configuration (unless you want to). You can start the Mysql server independently of the Apache server. It may not be the best way, but I've never tried installing a standalone MySQL on Windows.

11. wizard223

wizard223 Silverfish

Okay, thanks
    Im on windows (7)
    Thanks! Ill try that out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.