1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Don't want to hassle...what do I do when I find bugs?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by Erin Dalzell, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

So my girls are now playing on one of the latest dev builds. Please note I do NOT play minecraft so I can barely understand them.

They tell me that some things are "broken". Can't spawn this, stuff disappears, etc.

I understand this is a work in progress and I do not want to hassle the folks doing this great work.

So should i assume that anything they find is "known" and will be fixed? Or should I be reporting each of these as a ticket?

2. Sandertv

Sandertv Zombie Pigman Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    Sandertv
    Feel free to report them to the issue tracker on github or the issues tab here in the forums I'd say. :)

3. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    well firstly i will assume you mean PM dev build NOT MCPE dev build
    if you encounter any bug and have spare time please firstly look it up if is have been reported, only report when it is not reported

HimbeersaftLP likes this.
  4. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    Pocketmine has no MobAI unfortunately

5. Intyre

Intyre Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    Intyre
    I would say that everything missing is known (blocks, items etc....).

6. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Placing unknown blocks should work right? [with mods at least]

7. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

Look up where? There are only 9 issues in Github. Do you mean look up here?

8. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

Is there a place w/ the known issues so I don't waste everyone's time reporting?

9. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

Is this something coming in core or will it be provided in a module/plugin? Again, sorry for the ignorance, I'm rapidly trying to learn the terminology.

10. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    They are not known issues. They are simply planned and not yet implemented.
    In the core, I believe.

11. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

Awesome! Is there a way for you/whomever to share that list? Not the deadlines nor the order, just the list, so we don't bring them up again?

12. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    I think... All physics (including block mechanisms like redstone, AI, etc.) mechanisms that should exist in vanilla MCPE server :p

13. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    ALL THE THINGS! But we don't/can't work full-time on this, so naturally we aren't as fast as the MCPE devs.

Right now thinking about feature implementation is low priority. With the way Mojang are rolling updates out at the moment, we have our hands full supporting the new game versions. I've just spent the better part of 5 days writing a new chunks implementation to support 0.17. Only just got it working yesterday, but resulting server-side performance is awful. Needs lots of improvements.

BUT, hopefully they might slow down after 1.0 is out (I really hope so), so that we can get down to some of the cool stuff that everybody wants, like redstone, mobs, etc. I was in fact already looking forward to getting away from the mess that was 0.16 and doing some feature implementation, but then less than a month later, here is 1.0 beta.

L3ice, HimbeersaftLP and Magicode like this.
  14. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

I totally get it and I really appreciate all the work you're doing. Just trying to set my girls' expectations. They are excited to play w/ their friends but when "things" don't work I need them to know why. We may just pay for private access until you get things sorted...I know you're working on it as much as you can.

Must be frustrating to not be able to get to feature because MCPE is iterating so fast.

15. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    We're currently not really focusing on features. We could probably fast hack everything in, but we don't want to end up with a codebase that is unprogrammable on. The team is currently trying to clean up PM's codebase and make things more modular, to be able to (after all the cleaning) implement features much faster.

16. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

Makes perfect sense. I was a dev in a past life and I get it.

Keep up the great work!

17. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    On the other side, you should probably continue to 'annoy' the Team a bit, in order to make them feel that they can't just do optimisation forever. It is an important part, but if users start to turn away due to no apparent 'progress', you've overdone it :)

18. Erin Dalzell

Erin Dalzell Spider

I wish I could help...perhaps I'll start digging in to the code and seeing what I an do.

19. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    Yes, it really is. I'm glad you understand... a lot of people don't.

20. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    i dont really know what you mean by this PM have no private access you can use the dev build but that is as latest as you can get
    if you mean realms then worth a shot if you enjoy using vanilla survival gameplay

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.