1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Command Permissions

Discussion in 'Requests' started by jasonwynn10, Jun 24, 2017.

1. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    I am looking for a plugin that players can only see if they have the permissions for it. I also want the plugin to update the player's available commands if their permissions change. It would also be a good addition to make the plugin display the command's arguments properly.

NickTehUnicorn likes this.
  2. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    I was literally just coding a permissions plugin, probably not related to this? I'm being dumb and not understanding what you mean.

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  3. Zayd

Zayd Witch

GitHub:
    ZaydPE
    With the syntax completion in MCPE, I don't think this is possible. I understand you... many pc servers have this feature.

4. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    I already figured out a way to make PocketMine do it when a player logs in, but if a new permission is set to the player, their commands don't update.
    Also, I think it would be a cool feature to be able to disable certain command arguments if the player doesn't have permission to use them.

5. TheDiamondYT

TheDiamondYT Zombie

GitHub:
    TheDiamondYT1
    How would this work? Sure you could probably make it work for core commands but what about plugins?

I suppose you could intercept the command and check if the player is allowed it in a yaml file:

thediamondyt7.yml
    Code:
    commands:
      sethome:
        access: true
        arguments:
          0: true
          1: false

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    jasonwynn10 likes this.
  6. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    I did initially implement this feature, but it caused issues on some servers for reasons I never got to the bottom of.

7. SOFe

SOFe Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    sof3
    This should be something to be implemented in the core directly, not through plugins.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.