1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Chunks from 1 world transferring to other worlds

Discussion in 'Help' started by Kabluinc, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

Recently iv been experiencing allot of chunk duplication where massive builds from other worlds are appearing in other worlds almost like it was copyed and pasted. Recently I found my entire spawn was almost completely cloned into another plot world. These clones are real and the blocks are breakable.

This is happening in every world and is increasing as time goes by.

What may this be caused by and how can I solve this issue?

This is happening to both MCR and MCA worlds

2. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Are they really real? I can't believe that. I saw that often, because mcpe doesn't really support multi worlds we're just teleporting the client somewhere and starting to send chunks. It may be that you found the old chunks of the other world, that may still be loaded. these chunks should be quickly overwritten by the real chunks of the world.

Please test if they are really real through placing a sign on it and rejoining to test if it's still there.

3. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

Yep they are definetly real. its been there for over a week now. I can tell because the clone lobby looks like it was a week ago. (I made some visual changes to the main lobby recently). the ghost clone of the lobby is like it was pasted in this other world and blocks of it are breakable and world editing the area to air was possible.

Players on my server have also reported seeing a few blocks of builds from other worlds suddenly appearing in completely different worlds.

Recently I had to get a new skywars map cos the old one had a huge part of a build from some other world right in the centre of it.

its happening more and more and I'm very worried about what will happen next :/

4. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    I never never never heard of that, and trust me, I am not new here. Maybe some plugin can't keep track of what level it is in? I cannot explain this in a plain pm, if they are really saved.

HittmanA likes this.
  5. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    If people are using WorldEdit on your server, anything is possible at the moment! My advice: remove all WorldEditing plugins now.

6. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

i had no world edit plugins on the server when I found this oddly pasted chunk. I then installed worldedit to check if it was removable. it was.

7. Awzaw

Awzaw Zombie Pigman Poggit Admin

GitHub:
    awzaw
    Then I've never come across that either, even with the latest dev builds. Maybe another old plugin like TNTRun? Can you post your plugin list?

8. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

Iv been able to reproduce this every time by creating fresh flat worlds and tping to them.

After a world is created and i tp to it, nothing but blackness.

[​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/a/7QIVf

After breaking out of it and reloading server and going back to it, I see the same problem I experienced in the original server

[​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/a/y4XJw

One thing to note though, I used ManyWorlds plugin to create these worlds.

9. HimbeersaftLP

HimbeersaftLP Fish

GitHub:
    HimbeersaftLP
    When you want to use an imager image with the image feature make sure you add i. at the beginning and .jpg (or whatever format it is) at the end e.g. i.imgur.com/example.jpg

10. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    looks like ghost blocks
    but if they actually real i would attempt to blame PM IF you are using cutting edge build

11. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    This is due to a bug (?) in the 1.0.0 client, which results in higher subchunks than sent in a packet to be retained after sending a replacement chunk which contains less subchunks than the original. These subchunks are ghosts only, they do not exist server-side. If you were to spawn directly in that world after rejoin, the issue will not occur.

The only solutions to this are to

(a) pad chunks with extra null data to clear it (would render chunk caching semi-useless)
    (b) send empty chunk packets to clear the area before sending (bad for client performance)
    (c) use ChangeDimensionPacket to force a terrain rebuild (unreliable)

It's being worked on.

XShockinFireX and Magicode like this.
  12. WillCraft

WillCraft Silverfish

GitHub:
    willotheblessed
    These are some interesting "workarounds" but we need real solutions. We must force chunk loads when teleporting. If anyone can help with code on this, I'd be appreciative. Thank you. Great job so far.

13. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    There are no "real" solutions, only hacks. Multiworld in its entirety is a hack.

Muqsit, 0x15f, XShockinFireX and 5 others like this.
  14. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

15. WillCraft

WillCraft Silverfish

GitHub:
    willotheblessed
    Some quick thoughts on this problem - I'm no expert, but I've done some chunk sending in the past so I have some idea of what I'm looking at.
    As an experiment, I tried making the "switchLevel" function public on Player.php. This did not help when I used the function before or after teleporting. In fact, it seemed to create more instability.

I have no idea how to fix this problem. From what I understand of chunk sending, it is done by by each column individually. So the fact that the client seems to not recognize higher level chunks does not make sense to me unless it is rejecting the chunks as being irrelevant because of their location.

I would say that the server itself is flawed, but that if I sign out and sign back in, the ghost blocks are not visible. This tells me it's really a clientside issue.

Perhaps there is a client packet that we are not taking advantage of which will help clear the chunks before or after a teleport?

Any help would be great!

16. robske_110 (Tim)

GitHub:
    robske110
    Mcpe 1.0 has introduced subchunks. That are 16*16*16 cubes stuffed on top of each other in the 16*16 chunk.
    This is no clientside issue, because it does not support multilevel. If we do a level change we teleport the client to an other location and start sending chunks. In mcpe 16.0 you sometimes saw the old world but the chunks got replaced after some time. But in mcpe1.0 if you have a complete air cube it won't get send and therefore the client will think there is still the old stuff. We have to send an air cube explicitly or send a changedimpacket which will destroy all chunks client sided. This issue got a bit worse through mcpe1.0

But remember: it's just a display issue. They don't really exist in that location and you can't modify them

17. Thunder33345

Thunder33345 Moderator Staff Member

GitHub:
    Thunder33345
    it seems to happen on realms too back then, when i go to nether, sometimes i would see part of the overworld

18. WillCraft

WillCraft Silverfish

GitHub:
    willotheblessed
    I see. This is as I feared. Well, I certainly won't be trying to send additional air packets because of the obvious loss we will incur with performance, not to mention the problem of having to port my hack repeatedly over the coming updates.

My solution will be to simply make sure my maps do not have coordinates that overlap.

But I'd like to ask you if you think it's possible any solutions other than moving maps around will be forthcoming? For instance, have you considered that maybe we can have a variable inside pocketmine.yml which says to include air packets? Of course this would mean more work, but it seems like pocketmine is taking a pretty big hit with this update without being able to teleport between worlds reliably for people who haven't developed workarounds such as using different x,y,z locations.

19. dktapps

GitHub:
    dktapps
    You could try this https://github.com/pmmp/PocketMine-MP/pull/263 , although do note that it's rather unreliable due to PocketMine's chunk sending and tracking being a heap of s***. It should not impact on server performance. (TODO: Rewrite!)

HimbeersaftLP and Magicode like this.
  20. Kabluinc

Kabluinc Baby Zombie

@dktapps Thanks allot! the ghosting no longer happens now. However there is now a 3-4 second client freeze when moving worlds and the message "Player moved too fast, reverting" is displayed in console. Is this meant to happen?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.