1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Check Player's Client?

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by corytortoise, Jan 30, 2017.

1. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    Is there any way to check if a player is using a modded client, or if they are using vanilla mcpe/win10? I assume the answer is no, since there is no fullproof solution to modding prevention on servers. I understand that mods have great potential, but a lot of players misuse that. Being able to check and/or prevent modded clients from joining a server would be fantastic for many people.

2. Muqsit

Muqsit Chicken

GitHub:
    muqsit
    There isn't a way of detecting mods but you can try making a plugin which would check for symptoms of a modder.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
    I must have used poor phrasing, but I meant modded/hacked/third party clients, not server moderators. Mods on servers would be great if people used them for their intended purposes: to extend MCPE's functionality, much like plugins do for PocketMine. However, mods for speed, flying, etc. run rampant and often create issues for servers. If it isn't possible for us to detect or prevent modded clients from joining, it would be very convenient if Mojang implemented something that could help us differentiate and at least have the option to block them.

4. dktapps

dktapps Administrator Staff Member PMMP Team

GitHub:
    dktapps
    I haven't found a modded client that can bypass Xbox Live authentication yet. It's just a matter of finding time to implement it.

5. DaPigGuy

DaPigGuy Slime

GitHub:
    DaPigGuy
  6. corytortoise

corytortoise Skeleton

GitHub:
    corytortoise
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.