1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

'Cannot connect to world' BUT port is working...?

Discussion in 'Help' started by rocketchef, Oct 28, 2020.

1. rocketchef

rocketchef Creeper

hey, I just installed PocketMine on my home server (Ubuntu 18), and it seems fine. Firewall is off, no port-forwarding needed, using latest phar.

But I can't connect from Minecraft PE on iOS. All I get is 'Cannot connect to world', and there's nothing shown under 'Current Ping' in the server list.

So the first thing I tested was, is this port actually open on the server? And yes, it is - TCP and UDP. From my macbook, I run this on the command line:
    Code:
    nc -vz 192.168.4.25 19132
    Connection to 192.168.4.25 port 19132 [tcp/*] succeeded!
    PocketMine sees this attempt to connect:
    Code:
    [16:25:56] [RCON thread/INFO]: Disconnected client: /192.168.4.53:49487

So what else can I do or test? I'm going a bit crazy - especially as it looks to me like there's no connection being made at all between iOS PE and the server.

Here are the server settings:

Code:
    #Properties Config file
    #Wed Oct 28 15:39:52 UTC 2020
    language=eng
    motd=Server
    server-name=Server
    server-port=19132
    gamemode=1
    max-players=10
    spawn-protection=16
    white-list=off
    enable-query=off
    enable-rcon=on
    rcon.password=xxxxx
    announce-player-achievements=on
    force-gamemode=off
    hardcore=off
    pvp=on
    difficulty=2
    generator-settings=
    level-name=world
    level-seed=
    level-type=DEFAULT
    auto-save=on
    view-distance=8
    xbox-auth=off

2. Primus

Primus Zombie Pigman

Might be helpful if you provide us with the version of PM build and your client version. Beware that, AFAIK, 4.0.0 is not for production nor for avarage user. That might have slipped your mind, so do try finding compatible versions.

I've faced this issue few times, I usually tinker around and get it fixed. And if we're talking about new API, then I have no clue about it. You'd have better luck on pocketmine's discord server (@navbar ^).

Cheers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.