1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Solved Cannot connect to server via Windows10 Edition?

Discussion in 'Help' started by Redux, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Redux

Redux Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    reduxredstone
    I'm having a bit of an interesting issue. I've had PMMP set up and have been developing for it for a while, but have always had to use my phone and MCPE to check any changes. This became very annoying very fast. I tried to connect to the server, locally hosted, on Windows10 Edition but no dice. It can see the server just fine, but when I join it says it cannot connect to the world. I've tried to Google this issue but can't seem to find anything noteworthy. My Windows10 Edition is up to date with the latest version, as is PMMP. So I can't think of any reason as to why Windows10 Edition simply doesn't connect. Any help or solutions?

2. Benberi

Benberi Spider

GitHub:
    benberi
    You cannot connect to localhost servers using Windows 10 edition. The problem is unknown, might be something with how PHP socket is handled, not sure.

3. Redux

Redux Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    reduxredstone
    Well if it simply isn't possible, got any ideas for a way around the issue?

4. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    The problem is known. And it has absolutely nothing to do with sockets.

5. Redux

Redux Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    reduxredstone
    I assumed it wasn't the sockets. I think I might have read somewhere that it has to do with the server and client being on the same machine? Is that true? And if the cause is known, like you say, mind sharing it?

6. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    Awzaw likes this.
  7. Redux

Redux Spider Jockey

GitHub:
    reduxredstone
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.