1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

Boat Plugin

Discussion in 'Requests' started by kmruss77, Apr 16, 2018.

1. kmruss77

kmruss77 Spider

Hi all. IT Admin by day for over 20 years .. so not new to servers and all .. and have ran regular PC Minecraft Custom in the past ... but new to PMMP. Really liking it so far .. and I've put up a server for my kiddos who are 11 and 10 so that they can play with each other on the server without worry that one or the other is not currently 'online' with the world .. and also so they can play with friends and their cousin who is 4 hours away.

They were asking me about the 'Boat' function. After much more research, found that this feature hasn't been implemented yet. The closest thing I found was the 'boat plugin' from around 2015 that 'onebone' had committed to github. https://github.com/onebone/Boat I've been told he's not active around here any more. I did see where 'inversion' had started to convert it around June 2017: https://github.com/onebone/Boat/pull/1 - and where 'SleepSpace9' had reviewed that a couple months later, but nothing since then.

I'd really like to get this working. I have limited coding experience but would love to help someone who has the knowledge to do this. My kiddos are also great 'beta/alpha testers' and would love to be able to test anything that someone might be willing to come up with on this.

Just let me know ... and thanks in advance all!

2. Atomization

Atomization Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    iAtomPlaza
    I have limited pocketmine api knowledge but I'll try a fix

kmruss77 likes this.
  3. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    I started doing a bit of work on it. Currently i got boats to spawn, but you can't use them (properly) yet. Still fighting with inventory transaction events (yes, mcpe considers entering a boat an inventory transaction).
    https://github.com/robske110/Boat

4. kmruss77

kmruss77 Spider

Awesome Tim (Robske? :D)! Let me know if I can do anything to help you out on this. I wish I knew enough to help you coding-wise - but I probably wouldn’t be much help there. Testing I can definitely do - so just let me know. Very cool.

P.S. I’ll continue the main discussion here because I didn’t realize you’d replied both places. I’m really amped for this. Thank you! Let me know what I can do to help .. including providing you access to my test server if that helps you!

Thanks!

jasonwynn10 likes this.
  5. robske_110 (Tim)

robske_110 (Tim) Wither Skeleton Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    robske110
    I now got the player to be able to enter and exit the boat. It seems to move a bit, but the player is too low and cannot see. Another problem is that the player cannot destroy the boat yet, still working on that.

EagleSong and RyanShaw like this.
  6. hexmor

hexmor Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    h3xmor
    update your plugin plzzzz

7. XenialDan

XenialDan Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    thebigsmilexd
    As far of this, may i help you?

I might know fixes to handle the transactions, the riding and anticheat issues when moving, same with internals of pmmp and i.e. data properies

8. hexmor

hexmor Baby Zombie

GitHub:
    h3xmor
    plz create a boat plugin for pmmp 3.2.2 :/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.