1. The forums will be archived and moved to a read only mode in about 2 weeks (mid march).

About LegendsOfMCPE organization (accounts, members, plugins, etc.)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by iksaku, Dec 31, 2016.

?

Should we try to bring back the old "LegendsOfMCPE"?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2017.
  1. Sure, that would be great.

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. I don't think that is needed.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. iksaku

iksaku Shog Chips

GitHub:
    iksaku
    Greetings from the dark side!

First of all, I would like to introduce to you the organization called LegendsOfMCPE.
    LegendsOfMCPE is the name of an organization created by experienced developers of the old PocketMine-MP community, focused in the creation of third-party extensions (aka plugins) for improved experience of PocketMine-based Minecraft: Pocket Edition (MCPE) servers.

Since last year, we noticed that the general development of the PocketMine-MP started to decrease, followed by the hiring of the creator and leader of the project (@shoghicp) by the Mojang AB company. These events guided the appearance of new forks (aka modded or custom software) of the project, creating diverse paths to follow when using PocketMine-related software, depending on individual needs and preferences.

Not longer after that, the official development of the PocketMine-API stopped. Authorized developers of the PocketMine team were no longer updating feature-related (API) parts of the project, limiting to just updating core functions (Join, Motion, Interaction, etc) of the software to support newer versions of MCPE.

The development of the projects handled by the LegendsOfMCPE developers recursively stopped, this due to lack of official PocketMine-API updates to provide new software features and improved server performance, making it harder to implement new features in their plugins and also keep the high-quality level of performance that each project aimed to have.

At the moment I'm writing this post, there are no official members of the LegendsOfMCPE organization involved in active development of old projects, instead, some community members appeared and requested the required permissions needed in order to contribute with the development of updates for those outdated plugins. Nevertheless, these community members are not official LegendsOfMCPE members at the moment, and they have no rights to take word in name of the organization itself.

I hope this post will dismiss some controversy that appeared in recent days due to some misunderstandings in the community.

Hoping to you later!

P.S: Some updates may appear down in this post, they will be sectioned inside Spoiler blocks with the correspondent date and update number.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. jasonwynn10

jasonwynn10 Moderator Poggit Reviewer

GitHub:
    jasonwynn10
    lol, nice typo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.